How to Delete A Post

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

How to Delete A Post

Post by jerryd6818 »

This is a brand new forum on AAPK. It's for you the member and maintained by you the member. Anyone can start a thread by asking a question or posting a how-to.

The intent is to provide a place where questions about how to do this or do that can be posted and answers given. This is not only the place to ask questions but to post helpful hints if you discover a solution to some forum task you've been struggling with. If you're having a difficult time with it, you can bet there's someone else who is also.

Make sure you make clear what the thread is about when you fill out the Subject: line.

Let's kick it off with some information on dealing with the dreaded double post. If you see you've somehow managed to double post, quick like a bunny delete the second post BEFORE someone else posts in the thread by doing this:
Deleting a Post.jpg
If you don't get to it before someone posts after it, you'll have to request the assistance of a Mod to get rid of it. To do that, click on the red exclamation button in the lower right corner of the post you want to report, choose "other" in the drop down menu and tell 'em what you want to do in the "Further Information" box.
Attachments
Report Post.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How to Delete A Post

Post by philco »

And we will use our super powers to make it go away. 8)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Say whu?????
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
wlf

Post by wlf »

Jerry,you're just delegating some help,he said with a smile.

I think this will be good,thanks to everybody involved.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

jerryd6818 wrote:Say whu?????
My comment was in response to this:

"If you don't get to it before someone posts after it, you'll have to request the assistance of a Mod to get rid of it"
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Jerry, great idea for a thread. My first time out I made a triple post. Finally figured out how to get rid of them through the edit button and then the delete post box in the top left corner but I didn't know about the method you just described.
Perhaps we could use this thread for other tips as well. Things that are not directly related to the AAPK site such as copying and pasting links from an android phone which I have yet to figure out.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Great idea for a thread! How about a tutorial on how to post a YouTube link? That way, assuming I'm capable of following directions, JerryD won't have to fix my mess! ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Gentlemen. Bryan has provided us with an entire forum where each and every issue, suggestion, procedure can have it's own thread. Posting all of those in one thread would have been way too cumbersome and confusing.

This thread is only for information on how to delete a post.

One problem/suggestion/method of doing something = a new and separate thread in the AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steroids forum -- http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... m.php?f=98
Attachments
Tips & Tricks Forum.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

gsmith7158 wrote:Perhaps we could use this thread for other tips as well. Things that are not directly related to the AAPK site such as copying and pasting links from an android phone which I have yet to figure out.
Not this thread but you could start a new thread on that subject in the new forum http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... m.php?f=98

You could name it "How do I copy and paste a link from an android phone?" I'd like to know the answer to that one.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Great idea for a thread! How about a tutorial on how to post a YouTube link? That way, assuming I'm capable of following directions, JerryD won't have to fix my mess! ::facepalm::

Ken
Ken, thanks for reminding me. That's one of the issues which led me to suggesting this forum to Bryan. I'll get a thread on that subject posted up in the new forum http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... m.php?f=98
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

jerryd6818 wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:Perhaps we could use this thread for other tips as well. Things that are not directly related to the AAPK site such as copying and pasting links from an android phone which I have yet to figure out.
Not this thread but you could start a new thread on that subject in the new forum http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... m.php?f=98

You could name it "How do I copy and paste a link from an android phone?" I'd like to know the answer to that one.
Got it Jerry. I will do that.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”