Native 5

The first Spyderco knife was made in 1976 under the direction of Sal Glesser. The company started out as a traveling entity as Sal & his wife, Gail, traveled from show to show. The first permanent establishment was in Golden, Colorado where the company made its first folding knife in 1978. The company proudly touts their knives as being different, peculiar, even out there. "We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Native 5

Postby Jtx » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:16 pm

I was looking at new knives at a local store yesterday. They had some ZTs, Emersons, Kershaws and Spydercos.They were all great knives. I was looking for something 4" or less closed. I have a couple of older Spydercos which I have enjoyed for years, so I ended up picking the Spyderco Native 5 and it went straight into my pocket. The steel is S53VN and the handles are black G10.
Attachments
IMG_1262.jpg

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Native 5

Postby Colonel26 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 pm

That's a real nice looking Spyderco! I bet it's a great edc.

I was always a "taxticool" knife hater until I got my first Spyderco. Now they're top of the heap Imo!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Native 5

Postby Jtx » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:16 am

Colonel26 wrote:That's a real nice looking Spyderco! I bet it's a great edc.

I was always a "taxticool" knife hater until I got my first Spyderco. Now they're top of the heap Imo!

Thanks Colonel. I think this one will be in my pocket almost every day.

Return to “Spyderco Knife Forum”