When life gives you lemons, make Spyderade.

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
aux80

When life gives you lemons, make Spyderade.

Post by aux80 »

I recently purchased a CRKT Ripple from an unnamed online retailer. I've seen mixed reviews for this knife, some good and some bad. The overall design was kind of neat and unusual. I'm a fan of flippers, so I decided to give it a try. Well, it didn't work right. The blade has no thumb stud, thumb hole, or nail nick. You can only open it by flipping. Problem was, it kept getting stuck. My fingers aren't weak, but they aren't strong enough to deal with knives that jam.

So I contacted the retailer and asked for an exchange. Turns out I can snag a Tenacious for a few dollars more. I'm betting the Tenacious will open as smooth as butter, just like the rest of my Spyderco knives.
junebug

Re: When life gives you lemons, make Spyderade.

Post by junebug »

NICE 8) , GREAT CHOICE IMPO. ::nod:: ......... ::tu::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

My Tenacious opens smoothly and then locks open with a double click that always makes me think of the sound a nice single action revolver makes as you pull back the hammer. :) I think you'll like it.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
aux80

Post by aux80 »

philco wrote:My Tenacious opens smoothly and then locks open with a double click that always makes me think of the sound a nice single action revolver makes as you pull back the hammer. :) I think you'll like it.
That sounds awesome! Now I'm even more excited! ::ds::

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”