A LIL SPYDERCO PRAISE......SHOWIN SOME LUV :)

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
PigSticker

Re: A LIL SPYDERCO PRAISE......SHOWIN SOME LUV :)

Post by PigSticker »

Lotta people love those knives but I ain't one of them--I really don't think the thumb hole works all that great on any that I've handled but it is a one hand opener and was probably one of the first companies making a one hand opener---they've always been over priced and not all made in the USA--I have only bought one back in the mid 90's think it's a Celofontine er something like that & made in the USA--somebody make me an offer on it--it's still in the box
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I got myself into some serious BS when I was determined to buy a Spyderco. After a few weeks of checking them out I decided on their Brad Southard folder. After all how could you go wrong with G10 and Titanium covering a blade made of Carpenter's steel. I had one lined up for about $250 delivered. Just before I pulled the trigger I saw it was made in Taiwan. To me this is a deal breaker. Knives made in Taiwan are at least 40% cheaper than U.S. mfg. knives. What can I say. When I mentioned this on the Big Forum (BF) in the sky I was told I didn't understand what it takes to build a knife and if it were made in America a low life like me couldn't afford it. This may be be true but I took my limited knowledge and actual lack of I.Q. and bought a ZT 501. Of course I had to suffer with Elmax steel but it had G10 and Titanium and was made in the USA. Somehow they managed to sell it for $40 less. I just didn't know that Taiwan had been paying their workforce as much as the Americans and I didn't understand that Taiwan has caught and even surpassed the rest of the world in metal heat treat and quality control. Of course Spyderco was the force behind this miracle. It was pointed out to me that their knives and labor costs were not to be compared to any other country in the far east. If I had only finished my Masters I'm sure it would have entered my computer somewhere along the line. What an embarrasment that I suffered through. Be-littled in front of the whole tactical knife buying industry. I would have changed my name but I couldn't find one that fit better that the one I was born with, Carnegie. :lol:

Now I know there's a bunch of people or maybe not, that just read my post and would love to take me to school over it. I'm sorry if I hit a nerve but I really had no idea that Spyderco has managed to put profit behind quality and moved their or some of their operation to China and Taiwan no matter what the sacrifice was to their bottom line. Their goal is putting out the best possible product on the cutlery planet. ::tu::

Once again though, I want to add that Spydero has the best customer care in the industry. Even if you need help with a sprint run they will be happy to help you out as much as possible ::tu::
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Ramrod

Post by Ramrod »

A little praise, and showin some luv...
Or,
NOT.
lol

Mark

Pig,
Sounds like a real P.O.S.
Ill give ya $30 since you got the box too.
haha
Mark
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

Ramrod wrote:A little praise, and showin some luv...
Or,
NOT.
lol

Mark

Pig,
Sounds like a real P.O.S.
Ill give ya $30 since you got the box too.
haha
Mark
That'll work if you want to pay for shipping----
Probably be at least $150.00 maybe more I'll get back to ya with an exact quote if you're serious---
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
junebug

Post by junebug »

:mrgreen:
this thread has gotten a lil SPEED WOBBLE........heheheheh....but HET ,I LIKE IT!!!! ::tu::
I FIND IT ALL GOOD INFO,TO ME!

I AGREE AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! GLAD TO SEE OTHERS FEEL THE SAME,WAS NO FLUKE!

WAZU- WHAT CAN I SAY MAN..............I TOO WAS "BOGGLED" BY THE WHOLE "B. SOUTHARD" PRICE!!!!
WTH IS GOIN THERE????....(ON SEP. DEAL...I DIG WHATS COMEIN' FROM TAIWAN,SEEM TO BE GREAT ,CHEAP COST-not this'n ::mdm:: ,HARD USE EDC BEATERS FOR WORK)
...........BUT YEAH BRO, I'M A PICKIN' UP WHAT YER A LAYIN' DOWN :wink: :mrgreen:

PIGSTICKER - PM SENT ::tu::

KEEP ER GOIN FELLAS........... ::super_happy::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

The Ladybug does make a great key chain knife. The most scientifically developed one on the market today. No doubt about it.

I know someone wants to rip me over this ::nod:: I have been through this before ::smack::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I think there's not much middle ground with Spyderco. You either love 'em or you hate 'em. Maybe hate is a bit strong but you get the idea.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
junebug

Post by junebug »

I AGREE JERRY.............. ::nod::

WAZ.....I WOULD HOPE NOBODY HERE WOULD DING A GUY, FOR A PERSONAL OPINION ON A SUBJECT. ::paranoid:: ::super_happy:: ::handshake::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

junebug wrote:I AGREE JERRY.............. ::nod::

WAZ.....I WOULD HOPE NOBODY HERE WOULD DING A GUY, FOR A PERSONAL OPINION ON A SUBJECT. ::paranoid:: ::super_happy:: ::handshake::

I would hope so too.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
junebug

Post by junebug »

WAZ....... YOU GOT ME TA THINKIN....................AS I DO NOT HAVE A "LADYBUG"........

BUT I DO HAVE A "DRAGONFLY" IN H1 STEEL....... THE FRAME ADDS A CHOIL AND JIMPING TOP N BOTTOM.......WOW WHAT A TON OF KNIFE IN A SMALL PACKAGE!!!

THEY DO SEEM PRICEY ON EBAY STILL, IF NEW (I NEVER GO BY MSRP what a joke those are,right?)....BUT I BUY MOST ALL MY KNIVES "USED"..... AND GOT MY DRAGONFLY FOR $15 IN A LOT WITH THIS DELICA... :shock: :mrgreen:

YEAH ITS YELLER AN FRN.....BUT HET!....WHAT'CHA GONNA DO....UGLY CHICKS NEED A LIL LUVIN' TOO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DANG FELLERZ, ::mdm:: .......I LIKE THE WAY SPYDERCO'S LOOK,ESPECIALLY THE STAINLESS HANDLES ::nod:: ::groove:: ...... BUT DEF. NOT ALL OF EM! ::tu:: ::handshake::
Attachments
DRAGONFLY AND DELICA.JPG
DRAGONFLY AND DELICA.JPG (30.08 KiB) Viewed 4087 times
- Junebug 2016
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Now see, if I were a Spyderco kinda guy, I'd jump on that Dragonfly and turn my nose up at the Delica. Because? The Dragonfly has a plain blade and yellow handles. Serrated blades hit my off switch and black is just plain old mundane.

See there? Opinions. You know that old saw. "Opinions are like......" Well you get the idea.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

If I were to buy a Spyderco it would be the Pacific Salt 2. I fish salt water 2 or 3 times a week and with the H1 steel boasting it's rust free I'm almost there. Now I need to find out how well it hold an edge and how quick I can bring it back to a nice shaver. It would be a little pricey if it doesn't do what it claims to but if it does it would be cheap in the long run.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

I have never bought a Spiderco because they do not appeal to me. But a few years ago I found one laying on the edge of a road in a construction area. A 4 3/4" Seki-City Endura. It looked like it had been used to cut shingles: the blade was heavily scratched and the handle coated with a tar like gunk and someone used the back of the spring for a hammer. However, after I cleaned it up, I was impressed by the sheer functionality. Even after a level of abuse that I would never administer, it still opens and closes smoothly: perfectly, actually. The serrated blade still cuts just fine, scars and all. But what most impresses me is the economy of design. The knife has five parts. Blade, Spring, two pins. and a one piece handle. To me, there is a beauty in the simplicity and functionality of the design. It is still butt ugly and I do not plan to buy any others, but it certainly is a well designed and made knife.
Mel
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

That's what all the Spydy fans tell me. They insist that Spyderco makes the best designed folding knives in the world. I might try to work out a trade for a used one just to see if I can see the good through the ugly. The problem is I wouldn't know what to give up in a trade. Plus it's hard to find a tactical Guy willing to trade for a traditional knife. maybe I'll take a few knives out to the local Flea this weekend and see what i can find ::hmm::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I can't afford one of those high-dollar foreign-made Spydercos for EDC. Here's what's been in my back pocket for several years. Use the heck out of mine, on a ranch. Mine's the serrated blade version. Great knife, made in the good ole USA, 1095 high carbon hardened steel, yellow delrin handles. If you like ugly, it's ugly as a Spyderco but if I drop it I can find it, and the delrin is tough. $39.95 MSRP. Who says you can't buy a good knife made in America for a reasonable price?

Yep, I know it doesn't have the Spyderco "cool" factor! Maybe if they raised the price......... ::shrug:: :lol:
Attachments
MooreMaker Roper 7101LBS
MooreMaker Roper 7101LBS
MooreMaker a Roper 7150LB
MooreMaker a Roper 7150LB
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
junebug

Post by junebug »

I HAVE SEVERAL NOW......AND HAVE NOT PAID OVER $50 ON ANY. ::ds:: ::ds::

COUPLE NEW IN BOX,I AM SECOND OWNER BUT HET,DONT BOTHER ME NONE.........BUT AGAIN THROUGH INTERNET EBAY AND CRAIGSLIST,ETC.........

ON MSRP PRICES - WHO PAYS THOSE PRICES FROM ANY COMPANY?? :mrgreen: ?? THEN AGAIN I AM A BARGAIN HUNTER ::shrug:: :mrgreen:
I ALWAYS LAUGH AT SOMEONE WHEN THEY TRY TO SELL ME SOMETHING AND MENTION THE ORIGINAL "MSRP".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MUMBLEY - COOL KNIFE!!!! I KINDA DIG IT!!! ::tu:: I PERSONALLY AT THIS TIME WOULD GET A ENDURA OR DELICA FOR THAT PRICE ::tu:: ::tu::

WAZ- THERE IS MUCH PRAISE ON THE H1......MINE = STILL NO SIGN OF RUST, AND HAS NOT NEEDED A SHARPENING YET...........NOT A HARD USER FOR ME THOUGH EITHER.
I THINK ITS WORTH A SHOT AT A TRADE OR A USED UNIT OFF EBAY???... 8)
IF YA DO GET ONE.....LET US KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT FOR YA ,BRO!!!! ::tu:: ::handshake::

JERRY - YOU CAN BUY ANY SPYDERCO IN = PLAIN EDGE,FULL SERRATED,& PARTIAL SERRATED ::tu:: ::tu::
SO PICK ANY ONE THAT YA LIKE AND ::tu:: YER SURE TO HAVE 3 CHOICES IN BLADE,AND PROLLY 2-5 CHOICES IN BLADE STEEL :shock: :mrgreen: 8) ::handshake::

I STILL DON'T THINK THEIR UGLY ::paranoid:: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ::handshake::
but i can see how some do ,TO EACH THEIR OWN!!!!!

HOW ABOUT THAT SPYDERCO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW ::tu::
- Junebug 2016
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

::tu:: Mumblypeg that has 1095 ::uc:: made in USA ::woot:: MAN I like that..Do they still made it?????Don't get me wrong I love my Delica4 but I'd like to get my hands on one of those ::nod::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Bug, agree with you on MSRP. ::tu:: In fact that's why I stated that price as being MSRP, implication being you can probably find one for less. MooreMaker has a line of "working knives" and this is one of them.

Dog, they still sell them, still made in USA. See http://www.mooremaker.com. I see one like this on eBay occasionally but haven't followed any to see what they sell for lately.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I wonder who made that knife for Moore Maker? I think they sell them for less than the original maker would charge. They have a real good sheath maker too. When Moore Maker first started selling knives they had a knif-Ax combo that looked good but they wanted over $300 for it. I was told Queen made them back then. I'd like to see someone come out with the combo again but at an affordable price. When Marbles went Chinese I picked up a couple sets for less than $30 each. For $300 I could buy a vintage Case XX knif-ax with stag scales.

You have a nice user there though ::tu::
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Not sure who makes that particular pattern for MooreMaker. I visited them out in Matador about 10 years ago. The Moore's are real nice folks, had a good visit with them. They manufacture some ranching tools there in Matador but at that time they had Queen and Blue Grass making knives for them. They said they (MooreMaker) owned the tooling for most of their products, which means the manufacturer can't use that tooling to make knives for anyone else. Don't know if that's still their situation or not.
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Not sure who makes that particular pattern for MooreMaker. I visited them out in Matador about 10 years ago. The Moore's are real nice folks, had a good visit with them. They manufacture some ranching tools there in Matador but at that time they had Queen and Blue Grass making knives for them. They said they (MooreMaker) owned the tooling for most of their products, which means the manufacturer can't use that tooling to make knives for anyone else. Don't know if that's still their situation or not.
Check this link out ::tu::
http://catalog.mooremaker.com/viewProdu ... _id=737179
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

That looks like same as Case design. BTW if you think you can get a vintage Case knife ax combo with stag handles, for $300, you haven't priced them lately! ::dang::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:That looks like same as Case design. BTW if you think you can get a vintage Case knife ax combo with stag handles, for $300, you haven't priced them lately! ::dang::

Ken
You're right about that ::nod::
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Spyderco knives are high quality very useful knives. Probably the sharpest knives out of the box that I've owned. I own about 10 or 11 of them. Oh and by the way, they are BEAUTIFUL!!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”