A LIL SPYDERCO PRAISE......SHOWIN SOME LUV :)

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
junebug

Re: A LIL SPYDERCO PRAISE......SHOWIN SOME LUV :)

Post by junebug »

I HAVE SEVERAL NOW......AND HAVE NOT PAID OVER $50 ON ANY. ::ds:: ::ds::

COUPLE NEW IN BOX,I AM SECOND OWNER BUT HET,DONT BOTHER ME NONE.........BUT AGAIN THROUGH INTERNET EBAY AND CRAIGSLIST,ETC.........

ON MSRP PRICES - WHO PAYS THOSE PRICES FROM ANY COMPANY?? :mrgreen: ?? THEN AGAIN I AM A BARGAIN HUNTER ::shrug:: :mrgreen:
I ALWAYS LAUGH AT SOMEONE WHEN THEY TRY TO SELL ME SOMETHING AND MENTION THE ORIGINAL "MSRP".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MUMBLEY - COOL KNIFE!!!! I KINDA DIG IT!!! ::tu:: I PERSONALLY AT THIS TIME WOULD GET A ENDURA OR DELICA FOR THAT PRICE ::tu:: ::tu::

WAZ- THERE IS MUCH PRAISE ON THE H1......MINE = STILL NO SIGN OF RUST, AND HAS NOT NEEDED A SHARPENING YET...........NOT A HARD USER FOR ME THOUGH EITHER.
I THINK ITS WORTH A SHOT AT A TRADE OR A USED UNIT OFF EBAY???... 8)
IF YA DO GET ONE.....LET US KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT FOR YA ,BRO!!!! ::tu:: ::handshake::

JERRY - YOU CAN BUY ANY SPYDERCO IN = PLAIN EDGE,FULL SERRATED,& PARTIAL SERRATED ::tu:: ::tu::
SO PICK ANY ONE THAT YA LIKE AND ::tu:: YER SURE TO HAVE 3 CHOICES IN BLADE,AND PROLLY 2-5 CHOICES IN BLADE STEEL :shock: :mrgreen: 8) ::handshake::

I STILL DON'T THINK THEIR UGLY ::paranoid:: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ::handshake::
but i can see how some do ,TO EACH THEIR OWN!!!!!

HOW ABOUT THAT SPYDERCO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW ::tu::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

::tu:: Mumblypeg that has 1095 ::uc:: made in USA ::woot:: MAN I like that..Do they still made it?????Don't get me wrong I love my Delica4 but I'd like to get my hands on one of those ::nod::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Bug, agree with you on MSRP. ::tu:: In fact that's why I stated that price as being MSRP, implication being you can probably find one for less. MooreMaker has a line of "working knives" and this is one of them.

Dog, they still sell them, still made in USA. See http://www.mooremaker.com. I see one like this on eBay occasionally but haven't followed any to see what they sell for lately.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I wonder who made that knife for Moore Maker? I think they sell them for less than the original maker would charge. They have a real good sheath maker too. When Moore Maker first started selling knives they had a knif-Ax combo that looked good but they wanted over $300 for it. I was told Queen made them back then. I'd like to see someone come out with the combo again but at an affordable price. When Marbles went Chinese I picked up a couple sets for less than $30 each. For $300 I could buy a vintage Case XX knif-ax with stag scales.

You have a nice user there though ::tu::
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Not sure who makes that particular pattern for MooreMaker. I visited them out in Matador about 10 years ago. The Moore's are real nice folks, had a good visit with them. They manufacture some ranching tools there in Matador but at that time they had Queen and Blue Grass making knives for them. They said they (MooreMaker) owned the tooling for most of their products, which means the manufacturer can't use that tooling to make knives for anyone else. Don't know if that's still their situation or not.
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Not sure who makes that particular pattern for MooreMaker. I visited them out in Matador about 10 years ago. The Moore's are real nice folks, had a good visit with them. They manufacture some ranching tools there in Matador but at that time they had Queen and Blue Grass making knives for them. They said they (MooreMaker) owned the tooling for most of their products, which means the manufacturer can't use that tooling to make knives for anyone else. Don't know if that's still their situation or not.
Check this link out ::tu::
http://catalog.mooremaker.com/viewProdu ... _id=737179
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

That looks like same as Case design. BTW if you think you can get a vintage Case knife ax combo with stag handles, for $300, you haven't priced them lately! ::dang::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:That looks like same as Case design. BTW if you think you can get a vintage Case knife ax combo with stag handles, for $300, you haven't priced them lately! ::dang::

Ken
You're right about that ::nod::
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Spyderco knives are high quality very useful knives. Probably the sharpest knives out of the box that I've owned. I own about 10 or 11 of them. Oh and by the way, they are BEAUTIFUL!!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
stayinsharp

Post by stayinsharp »

While wandering around an automotive swap meet last weekend I ran across this Tenacious, new in the box. Amazingly this guy had three of them among the miscellaneous car parts. 40 bucks later she was mine!
Attachments
Spyderco 001.JPG
stayinsharp

Post by stayinsharp »

As far as Spyderco's customer service goes, I too found it to be outstanding. When the plastic Enduras first came out I bought two of them. EDC for several years then one after the other, a Bobcat seatbelt ripped the molded pocket clips off. While at a knife show in Springfield Missouri I spotted a Spyderco rep and handed them to him. He looked at me and said give me your address and I'll have these back in a few days. Eight days later they arrived, sporting new screwed in place steel pocket clips.
junebug

Post by junebug »

I DIG THE TENACIOUS, GOT ONE TOO ::tu::

8) 8) VERY COOL STORY ON THE "SERVICE" SIDE ::tu:: ::tu::
AND GREAT TO HEAR!!!! ::groove::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Simple Man wrote:Sal did once say that “…tractors don't have to look like Ferraris” :mrgreen:
He also said ... "if you judge a knife by the way it looks, you're lookin' at the wrong end of the knife ... "

:wink:
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”