Spyderco Endura 4 impressions

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Spyderco Endura 4 impressions

Post by Colonel26 »

I've been packing this Endura 4 since Christmas. First I blame John for starting me on this road to addiction!

The Delica 4 is amazing, but the Endura takes it up another notch. The VG-10 steel has really impressed this carbon is king kind of guy. Yesterday I was cutting down some old garden trellis tied up with grass string. Now grass string is like redneck duct tape, the more the better, and I had this tied up good. There was no slicing at all, just push into the pile of grass string, and it sliced right through time and time again. Today I cut a branch from a tree and limbed it, it's still shaving sharp.

The blade shape is very nice. There's enough belly to make it slide well, but not too much. It has a nice drop point with good meat behind the point making it good and strong. The grind is very good and even too.

The Endura is one of the most comfortable knives I've ever held. I take back everything I ever said about tacticool knives, especially spydercos. These are some of the best knives I've ever owned. If you can handle the great big ol hoss of a knife, get the Endura 4. If not the Delica 4. They aren't the cheapest, but you get more than your money's worth in this case.
Attachments
image.jpg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
CAMAROMAN

Re: Spyderco Endura 4 impressions

Post by CAMAROMAN »

Spyderco's are some of my favorite blades !! ( I have quite a few ::nod:: ) I have a waved Delica that I EDC regularly. It is very comfortable in hand and pocket...
-----------------------------------------

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man" - old Nordic proverb
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

I carried this one for years, the only one I have. One of the first Spyderco patterns, a CO4 Executive.
100_0449.JPG
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

::sneaky:: ::sneaky:: Way to go Wade!! Thats nice!! Glad you are enjoying those Spydies!! ::sneaky:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Agreed, the Endura 4 is quite a knife. I've carried this G-10 one for 6 years now since they were available new. A while back I thought I could find something I liked better. After cycling through probably 6-8 higher end knives, including a Sebenza, I surrendered to the fact I had found "The One". ::handshake::
E4 G10 011.jpg
kjwknvs

Post by kjwknvs »

This is my Endura with Emerson Opening. I love it.

I changed the pic. I got this fancy smancy camera for Christmas that I am still trying to decipher. I realized how dark the pics were so hopefully these look a little better.
Attachments
DSC_3625.JPG
Kasey

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."- Teddy Roosevelt

"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."
— Rosa Parks
kjwknvs

Post by kjwknvs »

This is another one of my personal Spyderco collection. I think it is an Endura as well. I got it from an auction in a "lot", but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.
Attachments
DSC_3624.JPG
Kasey

"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."
— Rosa Parks
kjwknvs

Post by kjwknvs »

I also have this pretty little Delica.
Attachments
DSC_3573.JPG
Kasey

— Rosa Parks
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Kasey is that Delica one of the older ones?
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Kasey -- My only Spyderco is an older used Delica.
Attachments
Spyderco Delcia -- Open Mark.JPG
Spyderco Delcia -- Closed Pile.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ramrod

Post by Ramrod »

Colonel26 wrote:I've been packing this Endura 4 since Christmas. First I blame John for starting me on this road to addiction!

The Delica 4 is amazing, but the Endura takes it up another notch. The VG-10 steel has really impressed this carbon is king kind of guy. Yesterday I was cutting down some old garden trellis tied up with grass string. Now grass string is like redneck duct tape, the more the better, and I had this tied up good. There was no slicing at all, just push into the pile of grass string, and it sliced right through time and time again. Today I cut a branch from a tree and limbed it, it's still shaving sharp.

The blade shape is very nice. There's enough belly to make it slide well, but not too much. It has a nice drop point with good meat behind the point making it good and strong. The grind is very good and even too.

The Endura is one of the most comfortable knives I've ever held. I take back everything I ever said about tacticool knives, especially spydercos. These are some of the best knives I've ever owned. If you can handle the great big ol hoss of a knife, get the Endura 4. If not the Delica 4. They aren't the cheapest, but you get more than your money's worth in this case.
I love the flat grind on these new Endura/Delicas.
Much different than the older saber ground models.
Spyderco endura4 brn.jpg
Spyderco endura4 brn.jpg (14.66 KiB) Viewed 7745 times
kjwknvs

Post by kjwknvs »

garddogg56 wrote:Kasey is that Delica one of the older ones?
garddogg56,

I believe that it is a third generation(??). I think that the first generation only had Spyderco on the blade, but this one has G2 Stainless made in Seki-City Japan. I'm pretty sure that the handle is FRN and had a molded in clip that has been filed off.
Kasey

— Rosa Parks
kjwknvs

Post by kjwknvs »

Jerry D.,

I believe that ours are the same model.
Kasey

— Rosa Parks
HiPower

Post by HiPower »

i always considered the endura as the best buy from spydie. my zdp189 cuts longer than most of their offerings in s30, s60 & s90. i think their factory has shortcuted the heattreat on these super steels. HiPower
HiPower
Pocket Knife Maniac

Post by Pocket Knife Maniac »

Endura 4 is my favorite edc folder, I love it :D
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Pocket Knife Maniac wrote:Endura 4 is my favorite edc folder, I love it :D
KOOL!! And WELCOME!!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: Lots of great people cruz this Forum!!! John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Pocket Knife Maniac wrote:Endura 4 is my favorite edc folder, I love it :D
Welcome aboard. Good to have you with us. I loved my Endura. But unfortunately it jumped out of my overall pocket one day while I was mowing and is gone. But I'm making due with my new Military with s30v steel. It's a fine fine knife.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
sedona

Post by sedona »

I really like the endure 4, it just takes up too much room in my pocket.I leave it at home most days now and carry a case mini copperlock instead.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”