New Bugout

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
colin.p

New Bugout

Post by colin.p »

Well, I was saving towards a Spyderco PM2 but as I was browsing the website of a local knife store (Kutter's) in Ottawa, I saw they had the Benchmade 535 Bugout in stock. Now that particular knife really didn't interest me too much when it first was announced, and quite frankly, the scale colour blue was kind of a turnoff. However, I was rather intrigued with the 531 but didn't really like the style (rather "daggery") but I have to say, this little knife really hits all the right buttons.

It is super light (the reason why it was introduced in the first place) and carries like a dream. It took awhile to loosen up and now flicks open/closed with ease. The Bugout was promoted as a "bugout"/ camping/hiking style of knife (even though I haven't figured out exactly what "bugging out" is) and I'm sure it is all of that, but one thing I can say is that this little bugger makes a cracking good EDC blade. This is going to make serious competition for the 940, at least for my 940.
Attachments
IMG_20171210_081515.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New Bugout

Post by jerryd6818 »

"Bugging out" is when the necessity of getting the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks out of town unexpectedly pops up. Or at least that's the way I understand it. A "Bug Out Bag" would be packed with items anticipated to be needed for survival "on the run" whether that be from a natural calamity (fire or flood are common) or man made.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
colin.p

Re: New Bugout

Post by colin.p »

Ah, I see. Well I will definitely have to make sure I have my Bugout knife with me. ::tu::

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”