Need help with Benchmade BALI-SONG

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
elwood

Need help with Benchmade BALI-SONG

Post by elwood »

I am hoping for some help and information on a Benchmade knife I have. I bought this knife 15 or 20 years ago. I believe it was at a gun show. I played with it a little and then put it away. I have not touched it in years. I am in the process of downsizing my collection and got this out of storage. When I tried to do some research on ebay I was surprised to see they don't allow them to be sold except as "trainers". I am including pictures to help identify the knife. I don't see a model number on it. Reading what info I could on this forum suggests that makes it a little before 2000. Any help would be appreciated. Any thoughts on value would also help a lot. thanks elwood.
Attachments
aaa 001.JPG
aaa 002.JPG
aaa 003.JPG
bbb 007.JPG
bbb 012.JPG
itchibelli

Re: Need help with Benchmade BALI-SONG

Post by itchibelli »

Not an expert here but believe you have a BM 259 from around 1990. Looks like it's in fairly good shape so I think around $175 might be a starting price. Again, not an expert.
Mike
elwood

Post by elwood »

Thanks Mike. It was new when I bought it so I guess it must have been longer ago than I remember.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: " It was new when I bought it so I guess it must have been longer ago than I remember."

The person you bought this from could have been selling knives new in box that were made 5 or 10 years earlier. I think many of us assume the year we purchased a new in the box knife was also the year of manufacture, whereas the knife actually might have been made many years previously.
kj

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”