Benchmade Rocks

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Art In Colorado

Benchmade Rocks

Post by Art In Colorado »

Yesterday at Cabelas I was talking to the guy behind the knife counter. He told me two Navy SEALS just back from Afganistan stoped in and were very suprised by the price of $400 for the Benchmade Infidel auto. They told him that Benchmade sells them to the troops in Afaganistan for $100. Not sure that even covers the cost of material and labor. I am even more impressed with Benchmade and presently own three of their knives. Will buy more.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Benchmade Rocks

Post by 1967redrider »

A guy at the National Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center was selling them for around $100. Full auto, I tried it out and might pick one up. Nice weight and size, box, paperwork and the whole 9 yards.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
gino

Post by gino »

I own a few Benchmades and am waiting on a Osborne now, glad to here they are helping out too!
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Beechtree

Post by Beechtree »

I carry a Benchmade 845 or 880BK each day depending on the ruggedness of use, the latter being more rugged with titanium liners. They are simple, well designed, hardworking knives. I am pleased to hear they offer the Infidel at what looks to be cost or below.
"A tool is but an extension of a man's hand." -Henry Ward Beecher
tank

Post by tank »

The Doug Ritter Griptillian by Benchmade is one of my favorite modern folders.
AAPK Moderator
BRKCA Founding Member
A quality knife is a companion for life.
My Collection
My Blog
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

I agree with all of the posts that Benchmade knives rock. I was blessed with the opportunity to purchase an authentic 3300 Infidel OTF and I consider it to be one of my favorite and most carried knives. A colleague of mine asked me if I knew about the Benchmade imports from Hong Kong which at the time I hadn't. After a few google searches I found a site called DH Gate which hosts vendors seeling knock-off products and sure enough there were multiple vendors selling the Benchmade Infidel 3300 for between $43.81 and $47.41.....not a typo......under $50 with free shipping.

Here's a link to one of the sites selling the knock-off's:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-bm-33 ... 3-5|null:8

Here's a link to a YouTube video comparing an authentic Infidel 3300 to the knock-off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyYf7wimr6g

Being curious I ordered one of the knock-off's because I had to see for myself. About 2 weeks later it safely arrived from Hong Kong and as advertised it came complete with a Benchmade box, paperwork, sheath and knife that without close examination you would think it's authentic. Here's what I discovered:

1. The clip was the only visual giveaway, the real ones have a butterfly on the bent clip at the tip and the knock-off does not. The anodizing of the letters is also different.

2. The knock-off is heavier, the authentic ones weigh about 5 ounces and the knock-off is 7.5 ounces

3. There are some minor differences although it is a pretty darn good match.

Caveat emptor.......as the old saying goes, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Art In Colorado

Post by Art In Colorado »

So I guess the $100 price at the gun show was way to high. As you said if it sounds too good to be true it is.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”