New Benchmade 586-141

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
justafurnaceman

New Benchmade 586-141

Post by justafurnaceman »

Does anyone besides the people who subscribe to Benchmade's FB page care about their new knife? It created a bit of a stir being a $700 "custom", limited to 200 pieces, but I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Not being privy or knowing the manufacturing methods I wouldn't be the best person to do a blind appraisal so I can't tell you if it's worth it or not. I probably wouldn't pay that much for that knife, but my coworkers think I'm bit of a tightwad anyways. :D

Here's the description:
- DLC coated crowned M390 (HRC 60-62) blade with hand polished convex edge
- 3D machined carbon fiber handles with red C-Tek epoxy infused aluminum honeycomb inlays
- DLC coated split arrow reversible pocket clip
- Crimson anodized aluminum barrel spacers
Attachments
Benchmade_586-141.jpg
Benchmade_586-141.jpg (33.28 KiB) Viewed 6344 times
junebug

Re: New Benchmade 586-141

Post by junebug »

to each there own..........this gets brought up quite a bit.........EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!! ::dead_horse::

AND HECK $700 is just a drop in the bucket to some ::nod:: ,chump change! ::not_worthy::

and others like me, just LAUGH ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

ITS ALL GOES BACK TO BUY WHAT "YOU" LIKE FOR WHAT "YOU" CAN AFFORD!!!

COOL KNIFE TOO....I LIKE IT ::tu:: ::tu:: 8) .....pshttt wish i had one ::nod::
I CAN NAME 200 people who wont buy one..........couldn't name 1 who is/has ::shrug:: ::undecided::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
justafurnaceman

Post by justafurnaceman »

I understand that everyone has their brand/make/style/.... that they gravitate towards and posting it was nothing more than getting other's opinion about it. I like it too, especially the red in the handle, but not enough to drop $700 on it.

Someone buy it and give us a review! ::super_happy::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I like the knife. It's cool lookin and all that. No doubt it's a well made knife that would serve its owner well for many years.

I might be able to sell my plasma and eventually come up with the $700 purchace price but I don't think I could afford the divorce that would follow. ::paranoid::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Camillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Camillus »

I own a Benchmade that is for Police and Military, great auto and very reliable.
As for the knife you posted, I truly wouldn't spend $700 for it.
There are several other knives made that are of the same quality and at a lower cost.
Shop around before you spend the money. Just my opinion!

Camillus
Have a Knife Day!
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Hmmmmm I think the chicken wire inlays a bit hoaky ::uc:: other than that she would be a nice three hundred dollar custom ::handshake:: just my thought ::paranoid::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
gino

Post by gino »

I love Benchmade knives and own a few myself but that's a insane amount of money, even though I love that one its just crazy! JMO ;)
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

It may be the greatest thing to ever ride in the pocket, I don't know. But from the description it sounds like a bunch of slick city car salesman talk for a knife handled in the latest iteration of recycled coke bottles, with a blade made out of really hard (and hard to sharpen) stainless steel.

And all that for $300 shy of a grand. Nope not me. I'm not that flush or crazy.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I like it! ::nod:: But not $700 worth of like.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton »

I have the older Barrage 581, same steel, same handle shape, half the price. A really fine knife for heavy work, solid grip, fantastic edge holding with the M390 steel and fairly easy to resharpen. Diamond stones only.
If I had the bucks I would get the pretty one, why not. Meanwhile, I am happy with the utilitarian model for my everyday carry.
Benchmade Barrage 581.JPG

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”