Worth repairing or practice on?

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
Leo H

Re: Worth repairing or practice on?

Post by Leo H »

FRJ wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Leo H wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:51 pm Thank you. I’m trying to learn the terms. ::tu::
You're doing very well here, Leo, pursuing these threads with interest and asking very good questions.
::tu:: ::nod::
Thank you. Everyone here's been very positive and helpful and patient. It's appreciated.

I am curious, if you can answer, with the blue speckled knife in the above picture, is that a handle pattern that was in style during a certain time period? Or when did that handle start appearing? The loop in the end suggests it was late enough to have been a "keychain" accessory, but my guess is this was something from the 60s or 70s.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

That type of knife was sold at many retail counters for years.
I don't know who made that but most of that kind were made in the USA. Some folks call them cheap and perhaps some were but they were inexpensively made to sell at a lower price so the knife manufacturers could keep their doors open.
Can you get a picture of the tang and tell us how long it is?
I haven't seen too much of that sparkle blue cover but they must have made many of them.
Imperial and Colonial were two big makers of inexpensive knives. Imperial made some fine solid knives in their early years. ::nod::
Joe
Leo H

Post by Leo H »

I will do that when I get home. It should be the same size as the Robeson, just at 3”.

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”