512224 Strawberry Bone Near Mint And Different!

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
scagel

512224 Strawberry Bone Near Mint And Different!

Post by scagel »

I recall seeing this knife in one of Dewey Ferguson's books but I don't have that book in my library. It was sitting on a table at the WPB gun show this past weekend for not much money. Has anybody ever seen this knife or own one too? The 'coffin' bare head rear is concave on all three sides. both sides have that brass screw that does not touch the liner. All it needed was Simichrome to take off the dullness and leave the mirror polished blade, back spring and bolsters. No sign of it ever being taken apart. As you can see, the bone has been tapered to match the shape.
Attachments
DSC_2733.JPG
DSC_2734.JPG
DSC_2735.JPG
DSC_2737.JPG
DSC_2738.JPG
DSC_2739.JPG
DSC_2740.JPG
DSC_2741.JPG
RobesonsRme.com

Re: 512224 Strawberry Bone Near Mint And Different!

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Someone has modified the knife.

The screws are not original to the knife, either.

It was originally a Daddy Barlow.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

RobesonsRme.com wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:08 am It was originally a Daddy Barlow.
So just to be clear, that knife was originally a Case Daddy Barlow, (most likely from the 70's), modified handle, and someone removed the original Case blade and attached a Robeson blade? Or did they just "re-stamp" the existing blade?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Not a Case but a Robeson daddy Barlow that has been modified.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

btrwtr wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:47 pm Not a Case but a Robeson daddy Barlow that has been modified.
Thanks Wayne, that clears things up. I thought it was a modified Case, but it's not. I wasn't even aware that Robeson made a Daddy Barlow. If someone had asked me what kind of knife that was originally, I'd swear it was a 70's Case. That's what I like about this site, you learn new things all the time. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”