Robeson Wood Handle Pruner

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
Ridgegrass

Robeson Wood Handle Pruner

Post by Ridgegrass »

I collect Hawkbills and Roper/copers. They're simple and honest work knives. Here's an old 'Robey. 4" closed. J.O'
Attachments
IMG_1358.jpg
cudgee

Re: Robeson Wood Handle Pruner

Post by cudgee »

Ridgegrass wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:46 am I collect Hawkbills and Roper/copers. They're simple and honest work knives. Here's an old 'Robey. 4" closed. J.O'
That is where my love of traditional pocket knives started, watching farmers carrying and using Sheepsfoot and Lambsfoot work knives. When i got my first hunting knife, a Joseph Rodgers bunny knife i was hooked. Now a lot of my knives are Sheepsfoot and Lambsfoot. You have a couple of really nice knives that you have posted. ::nod:: ::tu:: :D
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks. When I started a long time ago. Pruners weren't popular. I have well over a hundred and I paid around $5 for many of them. I just really like them, even if they're well used. The curved edge is stronger and often more efficient than a straight one. Like everything else, the prices are up and they're not as easily found. I never pass one up. Nice swapping stories with you.
Ever seen one of these? It's a George Schrade "wire handle" Patented 1942. He made a whole line of scout and camp and flatware with those handles.
Interesting guy.J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_1362.JPG
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Nice knives.

There is a reason that style blade was put into "Linoleum Knives".

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Ridgegrass wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:25 am Thanks. When I started a long time ago. Pruners weren't popular. I have well over a hundred and I paid around $5 for many of them. I just really like them, even if they're well used. The curved edge is stronger and often more efficient than a straight one. Like everything else, the prices are up and they're not as easily found. I never pass one up. Nice swapping stories with you.
Ever seen one of these? It's a George Schrade "wire handle" Patented 1942. He made a whole line of scout and camp and flatware with those handles.
Interesting guy.J.O'.
Nice GEo Schrade Wirejack. You should check out this thread and post it. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3137
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Ridgegrass wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:25 am Thanks. When I started a long time ago. Pruners weren't popular. I have well over a hundred and I paid around $5 for many of them. I just really like them, even if they're well used. The curved edge is stronger and often more efficient than a straight one. Like everything else, the prices are up and they're not as easily found. I never pass one up. Nice swapping stories with you.
Interesting guy.J.O'.
Nice GEo Schrade Wirejack. There were several variations of the Wirejack. You should check out this thread and post it. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3137
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
jww

Post by jww »

RobesonsRme.com wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:29 am Nice knives.

There is a reason that style blade was put into "Linoleum Knives".

Charlie
Charlie, I didn't catch the reason for this style blade for linoleum knives?? Thanks JWW
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

They work.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

........only one I have is an old 3 line Camillus with rosewood handles, it's in amazing shape for it's age!!!!........ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............................

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”