First Robeson

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
Drukai

First Robeson

Post by Drukai »

Just picked up my first Robeson today, it’s a 822850. Right at about 2.5 inches thinking it’s celluoid handle covers? Just trying to find a little more info if anyone knows approximately age of the knife and handle covers. It’s really a nice little knife with nice snap on the blades. Thanks!

Paul
Attachments
66075C29-8EA8-44F4-AF55-5CD2E6B8A4A6.jpeg
E05213DD-E949-43E4-92BF-7E3BB06BB906.jpeg
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
Gunsil

Re: First Robeson

Post by Gunsil »

We can tell by the block letters on Suredge on your knife that it is a later model Robeson, made circa 1945-1965. They are cool knives, but like other firms Robeson knives were not as well made after the war as they were before the war.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Drukai wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:41 am Just picked up my first Robeson today, it’s a 822850. Right at about 2.5 inches thinking it’s celluoid handle covers? Just trying to find a little more info if anyone knows approximately age of the knife and handle covers. It’s really a nice little knife with nice snap on the blades. Thanks!

Paul
Nice find Paul! ::tu:: :D I like smaller knives & they fit well in a watch pocket. ::tu::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

As Gunsil stated, the knife dates from 1948 to 1965.

They also made this pattern with three blades, like a tiny stockman.

The handle material is celluloid, so pay close attention to it.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
822850B.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

Thank you for the info I really like it, great little knife! Will be keeping my eyes open for more Robeson knives!
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”