Muskrat 623595

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Muskrat 623595

Post by treefarmer »

Got this one today, only my 3rd Robeson and as I found out a couple of years ago, some Robesons were made by Camillus and again this is what we have today. The shield melted into the Delrin is not very classy but at least it ain't gonna' fall out!::uc:: It cleaned up fairly well with a bit of Mothers and a rag, used but not completely shot. For some reason the Muskrat pattern just gets my attention.
Robeson/Camillus 623595 Muskrat
Robeson/Camillus 623595 Muskrat
Fairly good blades, would make a good EDC
Fairly good blades, would make a good EDC
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
XX Case XX

Re: Muskrat 623595

Post by XX Case XX »

Nice pattern. I don't think I've ever seen a Robeson Muskrat until now. I'm sure they've been around but that's my first look. I'll bet that would last a very long time and provide years of service. Cleaned up real nice too. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Fine muskrat TF! I don’t carry them often enough, but I’m with you, they appeal to me for some reason too.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Nice cutter For sure TF ! ::tu:: If I had the skill I would copy that one in a Jumbo Pattern ::shrug:: Could call it the beaver or Nutria :shock: Cool Yes ::paranoid::
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Nice knife. ::tu::
I have one with Strawberry Bone handles and a "MUSKRAT" etch.
It's not a common pattern and I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't from the post 1948 time period.
Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”