Hated To See This One Go

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
RobesonsRme.com

Hated To See This One Go

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Sold this knife Friday morning in Lexington.

Really hated to see her go.

Happy customer, though.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39767&p=496971&hili ... be#p496971

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hated To See This One Go

Post by doglegg »

I bet someone did not mind spending the money on that one. That one was like new. Probably some happy camper showing his buddies what he just got. You :( ,the buyer ::ds:: Always nice to make someone else happy. ::tu:: ::tu::
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

A beautiful knife with an apparent history.
Joe
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Charlie I bet you were sorry to see that one leave your grasp :shock: There can’t be many of those around and none in that fine (mint) condition and with that provenance! Hope you got a good price for it ::nod::
Lloyd
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

The knife was bought at an estate sale in Southern California and subsequently placed on Ebay. It was in the box when found. The box was addressed to a Mr. Ray Murchison at the United States Naval Training Station in San Diego, California. The return address was Paramount Pictures.

I suspect Ray Murchison was a Paramount employee who enlisted early in WWII and his friends sent him the knife as a gift. Evidently, he didn't carry the knife to war, but left it home where it remained until that estate sale.

I have Googled every conceivable combination of keywords trying to discover something about the man, Evidently, he survived the war as he's not on any published casualty lists. I don't think he returned to work at Paramount. I found nothing.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Beautiful knife Charlie! I bet it was very hard to let go! Hope a Terrier comes your way you like just as much! :) Good to see your picture and your Terrier collection on the Lexington knife show thread! Beautiful collection. I hope many more come your way!! :)

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”