Help with Robeson identification.

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
Cannul8

Help with Robeson identification.

Post by Cannul8 »

This knife is part of a collection of assorted knives I inherited. I know it's a Robeson 2 blade. From looking through books and this is where I get confused, I'm guessing an equal end pen (other thoughts were serpentine or senator. With cocobolo or brown bone, maybe rosewood. Kinda all looks the same to me. Please enlighten me. Thanks.
IMG_0664.JPG
Here's a close up. No numbers.
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG (32.46 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help with Robeson identification.

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK! Nice knife, looks like in great condition. Are there any numbers stamped on it? I'd call it an equal-end pen. The handles appear to be ebony wood. We have some Robeson experts here, and one will be along soon to tell us for sure.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your inherited collection. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Welcome to AAPK!

Looks like Ebony to me, too.

If there was going to be a pattern number, it would be on the back of the larger blade, which is facing the camera in that photo.

Could we see a photo of the tang stamping on the large blade?

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I'm guessing you weren't really interested in knowing about your knife.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”