Robeson Gunstock Jacks

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
RobesonsRme.com

Robeson Gunstock Jacks

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Robeson made very few two blade gunstock jacks.

One was fairly large and had embossed bottom bolsters with a stylized "RCCO" logo on them that was quite different from that seen on their older Barlows. I saw one of those in just about mint condition sell on Ebay for over $600.00 a good while ago. Beautiful knife.

They also made a smaller gunstock jack.

This one showed up on Ebay last week. It's nowhere near mint, but a decent knife. Even though I'm not buying Robesons anymore, I did put a $75.00 bid on it and left it at that.

The knife sold for $76.00. Hopefully, someone here got it.

I've seen precious few of these. Didn't even know they existed until I saw a mint example of each in The National Knife Museum. Wonder where those two are now?

Here it is. Sweet little honest knife in a rare pattern from Robeson.

Pattern umber 622825.

Anybody here have a two blade Robeson gunstock jack?

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
Robeson 622825 Gunstock Jack 1.jpg
Robeson 622825 Gunstock Jack 2.jpg
Robeson 622825 Gunstock Jack 3.jpg
Robeson 622825 Gunstock Jack 4.jpg
Robeson 622825 Gunstock Jack 5.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
RobesonsRme.com

Re: Robeson Gunstock Jacks

The seller's photos look like they were made in the Sahara Desert with the sun rising over the horizon, except for that ceiling fan, of course. :D

harlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Charlie, we have to stop meeting like this. ::facepalm::

It's nice to read your comments on it. I was ignorant of its rareness, but I only have one clunky gunstock and was excited to see a Robeson appear in that pattern. It's such a cool looking knife. I was very surprised to get it at $46. It's in transit.
::handshake::
Joe
RobesonsRme.com

76, Joe, 76.

Congratulations.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Yes, of course, 76. Thank you.
Joe
GClaxon

Post by GClaxon »

I've got one of the large gunstocks you described, I'll dig it out and post it here soon

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”