Robeson Crown Pattern Pen Knife

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
RobesonsRme.com

Robeson Crown Pattern Pen Knife

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

This little Robeson 2 1/2" Crown pen knife turned up on Ebay a few weeks ago. I had never seen the pattern and thought I might be able to buy it and resale it later, so I put in a nominal $75.00 bid. I didn't get it. It sold for seventy-six dollars. I think it's worth a bit more, though. Tough to lose this knife over one dollar, but I have no idea how much the other bidder wanted it.

Nice bone, clean blades, decent condition. Pretty shield with the letters "F L T" in conjoined colored cartouches, I'm pretty sure they stand for "Friendship", "Love" and "Truth", which was a secondary lodge logo for The Odd Fellows, founded in England in the 1700's, but with many lodges and members here in the U.S.

Robeson made knives for several different lodges and organizations. One could create a nice display with just such knives.

Seller's photos should expand with a left mouse click.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
Robeson FLT 1.jpg
Robeson FLT 2.jpg
Robeson FLT 3.jpg
Robeson FLT 4.jpg
Robeson FLT 5.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Robeson Crown Pattern Pen Knife

Post by peanut740 »

Charlie that is a neat little pattern.
Roger

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”