Old robeson hobo

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
Navyman

Old robeson hobo

Post by Navyman »

Found this old one at an antique shop. 231322 is on one tang. Robeson shedge rochester. Made in usa. Can someone help me date it? Thanks.
Attachments
20170108_104502.jpg
RobesonsRme.com

Re: Old robeson hobo

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Yes, probably circa WWI.

They made it as a Terrier Brand too and they made Terriers from 1910 - 1916.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Navyman

Post by Navyman »

Thank you sir. Are the handles Cocabola or rosewood? We're they issued to the troops?
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

The handles on the two I have are cocobola.

I have no information re' these ever being issued. Probably an open market item.

The Robeson below is etched KUCO with an arrow through the etch. I have never been able to figure out what that represented.

The Terrier, as I said earlier, dates 1910 to 1916.

Charlie
Attachments
231322B.jpg
TerrierHobo2.JPG
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Navyman

Post by Navyman »

Thank you Charlie. I read alot on AAPK and new you were the guy who could answe my questions on the old robesons. Good luck on your search for the Terriers. Your knives are beautiful! All I ever find are the old HOKs. But usually pick them up at a decent price. My brother said out of all the knives I own he likes that old robeson hobo the best! Ha. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions. Appreciate it!

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”