Reproduction Robeson Catalog

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
RobesonsRme.com

Reproduction Robeson Catalog

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Our friend, David Clark (Nifbuf on AAPK) has published a beautiful reproduction full sized Robeson Cutlery Company catalog.

He has previously published two reproduction Schatt & Morgan catalogs. I have both and they are great.

He had access to two almost identical Robeson catalogs from the 1908 to about 1930 time frame. Each catalog had a few pages the other did not and he included all available pages in his reproduction.

The original catalogs were loose leaf, bound together with "Chicago" screws. Pages with obsolete or discontinued items could be replaced with new pages as needed.

David has constructed the reproductions in like manner. They are full sized and very well made.

Any Robeson fan will like the catalog. Heck, any fan of vintage American cutlery will like them.

David is selling them in his AAPK Store.

Details available here:

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... ore_id=922

Go take a look. ::tu::

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Reproduction Robeson Catalog

Post by peanut740 »

I mailed David a check today.He showed me one of the originals he had at the Parker show.It should be quite a book.
Roger
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I wish they showed some examples of the pages. I might be more inclined to buy it.
Joe
RobesonsRme.com

Page examples are posted on David's AAPK Store.

Just click on the photo of the catalog and scroll down.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thanks, Charlie.
Joe
wlf

Post by wlf »

Charlie is the line of Mastercraft inclusive? Thanks for the heads up,I like David .
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
RobesonsRme.com

Lyle, are you asking if every MasterCraft pattern made is included in the catalog?

I do not know.

The catalogs stopped at about 1930, so nothing from that point forward to 1965 is included.

This is an "old" catalog of old Robeson cutlery.

I think the number of pages is about 140, but to prevent bleed through, the pages are only printed on one side.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
wlf

Post by wlf »

Yes Charlie,that was my question.A friend likes the Mastercraft line,and I was thinking about getting him one.I don't know the dates of production of that line.I may get one anyways.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
RobesonsRme.com

Lyle, there is certainly good coverage of the MasterCraft line, including display cases and window displays dedicated exclusively to MasterCraft and are so marked with ledgible logos.

Since I'm pretty sure I am not aware of the totality of the MasterCraft patterns, I cannot say whether all are in the book.

Your friend would not be disappointed, as I have never seen so many MasterCraft knives as are depicted in the catalog.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
nifbuf

Post by nifbuf »

Charlie thanks for the good comments. I am attaching several sample pages that may help descried the catalog’s contents.
Attachments
B009_BW.jpg
B023_BW.jpg
B030_Color.jpg
B050_BW.jpg
B066_BW.jpg
B084_BW.jpg
B089_BW.jpg
David Clark
RobesonsRme.com

Just FYI'ing, the pocketknives in the catalog are depicted at 1/2 actual size.

Cannot speak to the other items.

I'm not at home. Sarah and I are caring for four grandchildren while the parent's are away to Gatlinburg for the weekend.

Hope they don't get snowed in up there, cause I'll be at the zenith of my tolerance level by Monday afternoon. ::facepalm::

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
RobesonsRme.com

I just noticed David has dropped the asking price for these down to $49.00 on Ebay. I assume, but have not checked, that they would be the same in his AAPK Store.

I still urge anyone with any interest in Robeson to get one.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”