Nice Old Robeson Display Panel on Ebay

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Nice Old Robeson Display Panel on Ebay

Post by knifeaholic »

Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Joe Dirt

Re: Nice Old Robeson Display Panel on Ebay

Post by Joe Dirt »

WoW! That's a nice one, Charlie! EDIT: Oops, I mean Steve! ::facepalm::

I want it!!!
Unfortunately, it would wipe out NEXT YEARS knife budget. ::dang::
Dear Santa, ....... :roll:

Folks don't realise how rare the displays are in comparison to the knives themselves. And to find one FULL!

..... Joe
NOS Robeson display.jpg
Up for your consideration is a very rare salesman sample of Robeson knives and scissors from the 50s-60s , all knives and scissors are mint shape never used or sharpened. It is in a 19" X 15.5 carry display case with the Robeson name plates on the inside. Also each piece has a model # and price for that time: Folding knives- 633596 $6.00, 822061 $5.25, 633295 $6.50, 623177 $3.50, 822393 $4.50, 622064 $3.75, 822064 $4.00, 922253 $4.00, 521168 $3.00, 123433 $6.00 Hunting Stags 32 HTG $5.50, 30 HTG $5.00, Steak Knives 214 $2.95, 260 $2.25 Frozen Meat 414 $2.00, 413 $3.00 Scissors 41113 $5.00, 41350 $3.50, 41293 $3.50 Total of 19 knives and scissors and case. Just a couple of the highlights in this pristine set is the pearl handle model 822064, Rosewood model 521168, and the beautiful carpenters choice model 123433. Again all items are unused and in mint shape. I began pricing just a couple of the folding knives and came up with over 1200.00 in value for the shape, that didn't include any of the stags, steak, or even the scissors let alone the fact that is a salesman sample which are ultra rare in itself. If you are a serious knife collector, this would have to be a must buy!!! Please feel free to forward questions. This will be shipped insured and packaged with care. Thank you for looking and good luck.
I've got a camouflage knife, but I can't find it.......

..... cardboard addicted.....

"The old timer's concentrated on making knives; not keeping records!!" ~ Bonfire bob
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

That is nice.

However, except for that Barlow, there are no bone handled knives on the board. There are no genuine pearl or stag handled knives.

Everything else is Delrin, celluloid or ShurWood.

The scissors are Robeson marked German imports. At one time, they did make their own.

I cannot see many of the tang stamps, but the two yellow handled knives are ROBESON / SHUREDGE / U.S.A. marks and they date 1948 to 1965. I suspect the Carpenter's Choice in the upper left hand corner dates the same. And, the bone handled Barlow, too.

I suspect most all the others have the pattern number on the front of the tang, making their manufacture date after Robeson went out of business in 1965.

I think the board is mixed with some genuine Robeson made knives and some made by Camillus for Cutler Federal, who bought the name "Robeson" after their demise.

The best knife on the board is that yellow handled 061 trapper. If mint, that's a $200.00 knife. I've never seen another. ::tu::

Of course, if you can get the display for the starting bid, you'll only pay a bit under $10.00 per item. (What was I thinkin'???)

I, personally, am not bidding on this one. I just bought one with NOS knives in boxes last year for $1500.00. I cannot afford another.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Charlie;

I thought that the Flame Edge knife looked like bone handles. Hard to tell though.

Do you have any info as to what all patterns of pocket knives were made with the Flame Edge blades?

Thanks
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Of course, if you can get the display for the starting bid, you'll only pay a bit under $10.00 per item
I count 19 items ::shrug::
AAPK Janitor
RobesonsRme.com

I had the same thought. I dowloaded the photo of that one and blew it up. The pattern number is on the front.

After Robeson went out of business, the name was acquired first by Cutler Federal (whoever they were) and then by Ontario Knife. Both those companies had knives made with Robeson tang stamps, first by Camillus, then Ontario, of course, used Queen.

The knives were made up into 1977.

All the post 1965 knives were stamped ROBESON / XXXXXX / U.S.A.

They dropped the "Shuredge" logo, as a tang stamp, altogether.

The case is certainly valuable, especially if none of the celluloid knives are out-gassing.

I'd love to have it. Just cannot afford it.

I certainly would like to see someone here get it.

I counted the items in that tiny photo in the post above. Also I cannot divide in my head apparently. 895/19=47 ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
RobesonsRme.com

It didn't sell.

He's relisted it with a much lower starting bid, but with a reserve price.

CNoyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”