Robeson Knife

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Robeson Knife

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I have seen Robeson knives with that type construction.
I have also seen a Terrier marked knife like that, without the advertising. That knife would date 1910 - 1916, so I suspect your knife dates well before 1940.

Below is a very nice old The Robeson Cutlery Co. & Rochester Stamping Co advertiser that is made like the knife above. I have one of these, but not nearly so nice as the one in the photos. That knife sold on Ebay a couple of years ago. I would have liked to have owned the knife, but I was outbid. :evil: ::dang::

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
As indicated, the knife sold for $230.00!!
As indicated, the knife sold for $230.00!!
023511$230-2.jpg
023511$230-3.jpg
023511$230-4.jpg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Wow, that is a nice specimen!

$230 is good money for this type knife, they usually sell for a lot less, even in mint condition.

I suspect the Robeson advertising increased it`s value over say one with the advertising my knife has.
RobesonsRme.com wrote:I would have liked to have owned the knife, but I was outbid.
Maybe Dino bought it? ::shrug:: :wink:

:)
AAPK Janitor
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I suspect the upper price range was generated by the collectors of Rochester Stamping and Royal Rochester wares. They have run the price way up on cross-over items like this before.

There was a framed B/W photo of one of the two Rochester Stamping locations that sold on Ebay last year. All the Robeson Cutlery / Rochester Stamping salesmen were in front of the building. Had their names and areas of responsibilty listed on the back. The building's address was 12 Saratoga Avenue, Rochester, N.Y.

There was a relatively small sign on the front portch that said, "ROBESON CUTLERY CO. SECOND FLOOR".

It was bought by a ceramics wares collector for $375.00.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
60413898_tp.jpg
60413898_tp.jpg (27.29 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
60413944_tp.jpg
60413944_tp.jpg (24.74 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
9ball

Post by 9ball »

My Oath as an American Army Soldier did not come with an expiration date.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Now we will see what it brings on the open market. :)
AAPK Janitor
9ball

Post by 9ball »

I am sorry about that.......shop Christmas party.

Too many Long Island Tea's and edUkated Teevee's do not mix. Plus my sugar level went off the scale this morning/afternoon.

IIRC, I am just glad I did not bid on the thing.
I am going to find out in about 5 minutes. ::paranoid::

9ball :?
My Oath as an American Army Soldier did not come with an expiration date.

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”