Kershaw AM-4 & AM-3 thoughts**

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
big monk

Kershaw AM-4 & AM-3 thoughts**

Post by big monk »

When I first found these knives several months ago,I was looking for one of the "new" Kershaw Dividend knives, (made in USA) -- saw the AM's and just had to have em''. Well after research showed they were made in that ""foreign country"", I said ""NOT ME"" ::smirk:: then I gets to thinking, ::hmm:: heck fire,I'm nearly 70 years old and can buy "my" knives made in whatever country !!!!! So I got me some Al Mar look-a-like Kershaws coming in the mail :) the look & style alone are enough to make me happy with em :)

funny how,when one domino falls,the rest start to fall also**____ I had just bought a nice Benchmade 580 Barrage,and somehow rambled onto the Ganzo knife sight -- done a search on AAPK and some of you guys really had some good things to say about the knives^^ -- holy mackerel kingfish -- these ""foreign country"" guys make all kinds of knives,that look just like the Benchmade,Spyderco,ect. and for a lot less $$$$$$$$$$ -- I ordered( 7 ) yes,seven, different models to give them a try, for less $$$$ than the one Benchmade :) :)

-- I had not bought a knife in nearly two years,_____ now I have bought 10 in the last week ::dang:: and traded for two more !!!!!!__________ beware my friends, the sickness can not be cured _____ Monk ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_2720 (2).JPG
Kershaw AM-4 (2).jpg
Ganzo F7562 CF (3).jpg
IMG_2728 (2).JPG
IMG_2748 (2).JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
KleenCut61

Re: Kershaw AM-4 & AM-3 thoughts**

Post by KleenCut61 »

All's I see is a Man with Good Taste . Yum !! :mrgreen: ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Aw jeez Monkey Man. You've just proved there's no hope for any of us.

Edit: Ding, ding, ding. I just had a brilliant thought. ::idea:: Send all your spare cash to me and then you won't have the spendable income to fritter away on knives, guns, boats and all that other man stuff that's so tempting. I can save you brother. Just do what I say. ::handshake::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I have almost pulled the trigger on the AM-4 several times. I still might someday!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
big monk

Post by big monk »

jerryd6818 wrote:Aw jeez Monkey Man. You've just proved there's no hope for any of us.

Edit: Ding, ding, ding. I just had a brilliant thought. ::idea:: Send all your spare cash to me and then you won't have the spendable income to fritter away on knives, guns, boats and all that other man stuff that's so tempting. I can save you brother. Just do what I say. ::handshake::
That is so kind of you JerryD ::hmm:: will be thinking a lot about that idea, :mrgreen: for the next 2 minutes or so :mrgreen:
Attachments
Happy_Monk.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Brilliant huh?
Attachments
eagle-in-flight damn monkey again.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”