Kershaw 1475 Storm II

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Kershaw 1475 Storm II

Post by jerryd6818 »

Sometime back I got a Kershaw Storm II from (I think) Scott. It was as dull as a froe and the blade had a major rock problem in lockup. Sent it off to Kershaw, they did their magic and it came back yesterday. Kershaw sharp once again and the blade locks up like a bank vault. Way to go Kershaw. ::ds:: ::ds::
Attachments
Kershaw Storm II 1475 Feb '05 - Mark Open.JPG
Kershaw Storm II 1475 Feb '05 - Full Open Mark.JPG
Kershaw Storm II 1475 Feb '05 - Closed Mark.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Kershaw 1475 Storm II

Post by orvet »

That's Kershaw for you! ::nod::

I like to take my Kershaw's for repair to the Kershaw factory in person. That way I can talk to repair guy or gal, (many are women), in person and often I learn something when doing that. For me it's only about 10 minutes off the freeway when I'm going to see my doctor at the VA.
The Kershaw people are really very friendly and helpful. And we all know how awesome the repair department is!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I wish that were a viable option for me but I don't want to have to live in Oregon to qualify for it. Do they fix it or sharpen it while you wait?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I have had them fix them for me while I wait or in one case they give me the parts to fix it myself. That was a DWO with a bad rubber case. She didn't have black cases so she gave me several different colors besides the black.

They will sharpen up to two knives while you wait. Otherwise you have to leave them overnight.

If the knives are not repairable they will give you a credit towards a new knife. The credit is the last retail price of the non-repairable knife.
I think that is an awesome deal!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”