Need Help Finding a Bolster

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
gabrams

Need Help Finding a Bolster

Post by gabrams »

Hello. I'm new to AAPK. I inherited this knife when my Grandfather died a few years ago. I don't know much about it other than I believe it is referred to as a Ranger 3 Blade Stockman made by Colonial back in the 60s. This may not be correct but what I think it is based on what I've read. The reason I am posting today is because as you can see one of the bolsters is missing from the back of the knife. I've searched everywhere trying to figure out how to get a replacement bolster. Does anyone have an idea where I can find this part?
Ranger Stockman Front.jpg
Ranger Stockman Back.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need Help Finding a Bolster

Post by Madmarco »

gabrams wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:23 pm Hello. I'm new to AAPK. I inherited this knife when my Grandfather died a few years ago. I don't know much about it other than I believe it is referred to as a Ranger 3 Blade Stockman made by Colonial back in the 60s. This may not be correct but what I think it is based on what I've read. The reason I am posting today is because as you can see one of the bolsters is missing from the back of the knife. I've searched everywhere trying to figure out how to get a replacement bolster. Does anyone have an idea where I can find this part?

Ranger Stockman Front.jpg
Ranger Stockman Back.jpg
I can't help with your search Gab, ::shrug:: but stick around and someone will be along who likely can! ::nod:: Best of luck in your search, and, ::welcome:: to the forum! 8)
8)
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

That would be a difficult part to find and to replace.
Ranger knives use a unique process where the bolsters are pressed on during assembly (regular knives have their bolsters soldered on). Even if you bought a “parts knife” that had the bolster you’re looking for, I’m not sure how it would be removed or replaced.
I’ve had a few of these apart and I haven’t really come up with a way to easily re-assemble them.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
gabrams

Post by gabrams »

Yeah. I was wondering how I would attach it. If anyone does reply on how I may be able to find the piece I suppose that will be my next challenge. Thank you all.

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”