Old Cutler

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Old Cutler

Post by Quick Steel »

A very nice looking pair Nick.
tnorton

Post by tnorton »

Never owned an Old Cutler before or knew it was made by Colonial until I purchased this one off Ebay (Forgive me I am a Schrade (USA) and Remington (USA) collector)
IMG_7983.JPG
IMG_7984.JPG

I was very pleased with the construction - It might be my new user or might just put it in with the collection and start collecting some usa made Colonials

Clint
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Very quality knives.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Yes, they are good knives. They were made to higher quality standards than some of their other knives. I have a Ranger and an Old Cutler stockman that look almost identical, but you can feel that the OC is heavier, has thicker blades, and a more robust frame.
The Ranger has 3 backsprings - one for each blade, and has their patented "snap into place" bolsters. The Old Cutler is a more traditional design.
1642993985050.jpg
1642994014928.jpg
I am not knocking the other Colonials - I have a few of them and they are great, but the Old Cutler line of knives were their "Cadillacs"!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
wstreefrog

Post by wstreefrog »

I just received a NOS Old Cutler 523. I'd put the fit and finish of this knife up against any Case or GEC anytime. Now I'm on the hunt for others!

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”