Lakota=Colonial?

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
cody6268

Lakota=Colonial?

Post by cody6268 »

Recently bought two of these Stockman frame, single blade linerlock knives off of eBay (actually just this morning) and am wondering if Colonial made it. Aside from the lock, it sure looks like a white scaled Ranger Stockman I have advertising a local feed store.

Seller's photo.
C_L_NRA_K_1.jpg

eBay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-NRA- ... 0677.m4598
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Lakota=Colonial?

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I have a Ranger stockman w/ that liner lock and it looks exactly like that. Whoever made that one made the Ranger too.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
LRV

Re: Lakota=Colonial?

Post by LRV »

Here is a story of lakota knife co.
The knife sure looks like a Colonial and there is a pair on e-bay

https://theknifepoint.me/2017/06/01/the ... o-history/
The link in the story to the Lokata page is not alive. Lokata was having issues and had gone bankrupt but was trying to make a comeback.
I do not see and current info on them.
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”