Anyone have information on this little guy?

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
RLO DAGB

Anyone have information on this little guy?

Post by RLO DAGB »

I came across this knife in a larger lot that I bought and have been able to find little to no information on it. The only markings on it are Colonial Prov R.I. and USA on the blade. Thanks for the help!

Shawn
Attachments
20160705_134535.jpg
20160705_134707.jpg
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Anyone have information on this little guy?

Post by Dinadan »

Shawn - welcome to the forum!! I do not have any information about your knife other than it looks like it may have been made to go on a watch chain. Nice find.
Mel
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Anyone have information on this little guy?

Post by gsmith7158 »

Hey Shawn, that's a great looking little pen knife you have, made by Colonial Cutlery Co probably sometime after 1946 when Colonial dropped the Cutlery from the tang stamp. Usually these little gents knives, if the case is made of a precious metal it will be stamped on the outside of the bail.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”