"Original" Old Cutler Barlow

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
RestoMan

"Original" Old Cutler Barlow

Post by RestoMan »

Here's the Newbie again... already. I just picked up a (another) Barlow and I'm looking for some information. The seller said this was an "original" Old Cutler and from looking at it I take that to mean maybe one of the first made. It has smooth, white delrin handles and a solid brass bolster. Also brass liners. The main blade is stamped OLD CUTLER over USA and the smaller blade is stamped patent over 3,317,996. I know I haven't seen a great many, but it's the first I've seen with smooth, white delrin handles. It doesn't appear to have been used but is showing it's age with dark spots, etc. Anybody know when this was made or any other pertinent info? (Sorry, not able to post any pics at this time.)

Thanks for your time and consideration.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: "Original" Old Cutler Barlow

Post by gsmith7158 »

Old Cutler is a stamp used by Colonial from 1977 - present.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I made a post in my blog regarding this knife and I posted the years of production from
1978 to 1986. Can't remember the source of info at this time..... ::facepalm::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
RestoMan

Post by RestoMan »

Thank you, Greg and Scott. I appreciate your input. I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way and it's good to know that there are other people with like interests in these great old knives. Take care.

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”