Colonial collector new to AAPK

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
B.Mauser

Colonial collector new to AAPK

Post by B.Mauser »

Hello

New guy here. What an amazing forum.

I have been collecting Colonial knives for over 30 years since my grandfather gave me one as a kid. It is an Anvil brand peanut and I still have it today.

I am not new to forums. I have had the same account on Glocktalk since 2002 and Bladeforums for a very long time too. I am surprised I have never heard of AAPK until recently.

I was looking up information on a Colonial knife I bought and stumbled on the Colonial collectors forum here.

That was in February. Since then I have read every post in all 3 pages of this forum. I have looked at every picture in the Colonial knife Show Em thread.

And I read every word bonfirebob posted here and on his blog. Wow, what an amazing man. I sure wish I had made it here in time to meet him. I bought his e book and have read it several times.

As well as knife collecting I also enjoy photography and have started taking pictures of my Colonial knife collection to share here with all of my new friends.

I am very happy to be here and looking forward to meeting new friends and sharing in all the Colonial knife fun.

My first Colonial knife was the brown Anvil in the picture below. Ive had it over 30 years.

I am also adding a few more pictures of some Colonials from my collection.

Everyone here loves pictures right? :mrgreen:

Brian
Attachments
Colonial Anvil peanuts X.jpg
Colonial Red  Cell Mermaid X.jpg
Colonial Red Cell 1 X.jpg
Colonial Knives Colorful X.jpg
Colonial Coffin Handle 1 X.jpg
Colonial keychain knives1 X.jpg
Brian

Check out my Colonial Knife Blog - https://colonialknives.wordpress.com/20 ... roduction/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Colonial collector new to AAPK

Post by jerryd6818 »

Brian, welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard. You'll find AAPK a relaxed laid back place to hang your hat with a ton of information at your disposal. It truly is a shame you didn't discover the forum while Bob was still with us and participating. For a Colonial collector, he was "The Man".
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK Brian! Sounds like you've already got the "lay of the land" here figured out. You're right, we do like pictures here, and you've started off with some good ones. ::tu:: Don't be bashful though. It's a generally friendly bunch here so jump right in.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

::welcome:: Brian! Nice knives you have there. Looking forward to seeing more of your collection!
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice to meet you Brian! Welcome to AAPK!

I miss Bob in a big way. He'd be glad to know ya!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Welcome Brian, I really enjoyed reading your blog.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
B.Mauser

Post by B.Mauser »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

jerryd6818 wrote:Brian, welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard. You'll find AAPK a relaxed laid back place to hang your hat with a ton of information at your disposal. It truly is a shame you didn't discover the forum while Bob was still with us and participating. For a Colonial collector, he was "The Man".
Thank you, I'm very happy to be here. Bob sure was something special. ::tu::

Mumbleypeg wrote:Welcome to AAPK Brian! Sounds like you've already got the "lay of the land" here figured out. You're right, we do like pictures here, and you've started off with some good ones. ::tu:: Don't be bashful though. It's a generally friendly bunch here so jump right in.

Ken
Thank you Ken. I made sure to read the announcements at the top of the forum and get things figured out before introducing myself. I am familiar with phpbb software so it only took a few tries to get posting pictures to work.

I'm happy you liked my pictures. I am looking forward to posting in a few other threads here. ::tu::

#goldpan wrote:::welcome:: Brian! Nice knives you have there. Looking forward to seeing more of your collection!
Thank you Randy. I dont know anyone else who likes Colonial knives so its sure going to be fun to share them with you guys.

TripleF wrote:Knice to meet you Brian! Welcome to AAPK!

I miss Bob in a big way. He'd be glad to know ya!

Thank you Scott, its very Knice to meet you too! :lol: ::handshake::

I like your blog. I have read all your Colonial posts. I recently started a blog. I hope I get mine as knice as yours someday.

edge213 wrote:Welcome Brian, I really enjoyed reading your blog.

Thank you David! I am so happy to hear that!

I have never had a blog but after reading Bobs book I just felt compelled to do something to help immortalize the story of the Paolantonios.

I have been saving old pictures and advertisements from Colonial stuff for years. Finally I knew what to do with them. It also seemed like a fun way to share some of my knife pictures.

See you guys around the forum! :)
Brian

Check out my Colonial Knife Blog - https://colonialknives.wordpress.com/20 ... roduction/

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”