Newb with find

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Newb with find

Post by JACK OF ALL TIRADES »

Hello all, I was sorry to find the site and read on and find that your friend, Bob, had passed. He might have found, my find, to be interesting, although I am so noob, that I don't know just what I have. My condolences for your friend. I suppose I have a minor knife bug and thanks for the acceptance. Sorry about the shouting of my name BTW. I am sure of many fine gentlemen here and I hope you all like the pic. Any info would be fine thanks.
Attachments
knives.jpg
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Newb with find

Post by knifeaholic »

Welcome to the forum!!

Great retail store display card. Hard to find intact. My guess would be 1960's to early 70's based on the graphics. A number of collectors here really like those old display cards of inexpensive knives.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

::welcome::

Getting hard to find the knives mint let alone a full card. Cool find!

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Welcome to AAPK. Really nice find.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. That's one heck of a first post. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Great website and interesting. I hope to not drop off like some threads I have gone through. I think it will be all downhill, from here, thou as I don't have any really collectible knives. Thanks for responses.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Very nice display Jack - hang it up and just enjoy looking at it! Those Forest Masters were the cheap version of the popular Scout Knife and Colonial made millions of them (they were made as using knives - that is why perfect ones like yours are so scarce). Welcome to AAPK - hope you do stick around. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Thanks for the interest, I am just puzzled about whether this display was the only one I saw. I was sure the card was a double with 5 or 6 in 2 rows. I delayed and it vanished. A week later, this turned up. The pricing was the same and in the same place. Did they make a single and double row?
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That's a very cool find.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya around. And just so you know, we get excited about all kinds of knife finds. Cheap ones, expensive ones, mint ones, used up ones, even some broken ones. We just like knives! Keep those finds a coming.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Thanks again, I am getting another fever. There is a Barlow carded set now on bay. search Colonial.
roofsc

Post by roofsc »

" there is a collection in my accumulation ? "
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Wow thanks for shooten me down

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Same noob with new find. It has been hanging off a screw on my work/ reload bench since I made it around 5 yrs ago. I looked at the Hilti-marked Swiss type knife the other day and Shazzam its a Colonial. Still in great shape and unknown where I got it. At least now I recognize what it is from the forum now

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”