Bear Ops

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Samb

Bear Ops

Post by Samb »

Just got this today. $75 at blade ops and couldn't pass it up. 8 3/4" open. Nice solid tight switchblade, it's a keeper.
IMG_20221021_114222627.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Bear Ops

Post by Madmarco »

I am sooo envious of you right now Sam! ::mdm:: :mrgreen: ::mdm:: ! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Samb wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:38 pm Just got this today. $75 at blade ops and couldn't pass it up. 8 3/4" open. Nice solid tight switchblade, it's a keeper.IMG_20221021_114222627.jpg
I’ve wondered and wondered if those were any good. How does it compare to a Kershaw? Glad to see someone finally bought one of these and can give a first hand opinion.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Samb

Post by Samb »

It's a solid knife weighs more than the Launch8 and the blade is thicker with a safety. For a user I'd say the bear Ops would be better but if someone has a launch 8 they don't like I'd trade them for it. I've seen these go for a little over $100 on other sites plus it's made in the good old U.S.A. just like the Launch8.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

If you got that knife for US$75.00 Sam, you stole it! I see them regularly for US$145.00 and up from there! If you should decide to get one Mark, be sure to read ALL the listings as they come with a bit shorter blade, black blade, etc.! And Sam, why don't you just buy yourself another Launch 8? ::shrug:: 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Thanks Sam. I thought it looked a lot like a launch. Kershaw makes great knives so I was wondering how it compared.
Well Mark, I don’t plan on buying either right now. These are great knives but just not up my alley when it comes to collecting. I have considered in the past becoming a dealer for Bear, but the quality issues they have are a no go for me. I was hoping that their tactical’s would be better than the slip joints, don’t read much feedback on these, at least not here on AAPK.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Samb

Post by Samb »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:15 am If you got that knife for US$75.00 Sam, you stole it! I see them regularly for US$145.00 and up from there! If you should decide to get one Mark, be sure to read ALL the listings as they come with a bit shorter blade, black blade, etc.! And Sam, why don't you just buy yourself another Launch 8? ::shrug:: 8)
Already have two of them but if I could get a slightly used one it would get some time in my pocket.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I get it Mark! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:12 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:15 am If you got that knife for US$75.00 Sam, you stole it! I see them regularly for US$145.00 and up from there! If you should decide to get one Mark, be sure to read ALL the listings as they come with a bit shorter blade, black blade, etc.! And Sam, why don't you just buy yourself another Launch 8? ::shrug:: 8)
Already have two of them but if I could get a slightly used one it would get some time in my pocket.
Ah ha! 8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”