Shell Puller knife marking ERN Solingen Germany on front of blade an a crown and sword on the back.

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Daniel Diller

Shell Puller knife marking ERN Solingen Germany on front of blade an a crown and sword on the back.

Post by Daniel Diller »

I'm just looking for info on this knife. I have not found anything except that the crowd and sword were C. Friedrich stamp. I would like to know the when it was made.thank you
Attachments
20210128_192804.jpg
20210128_192735.jpg
20210128_192745.jpg
Screenshot_20220523-225501_Gallery.jpg
20220523_192405.jpg
Folgore1

Re: Shell Puller knife marking ERN Solingen Germany on front of blade an a crown and sword on the back.

Post by Folgore1 »

hey super nice knife :) looks to be from 1940's maybe 1950's , im no expert on these old leverlock knives but always wanted this style you know after we seen the movie (outsiders) . lots of knowledgeable guys here on vintage automatic switchblade knives im sure will ring in and give you all the info you need on it ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Shell Puller knife marking ERN Solingen Germany on front of blade an a crown and sword on the back.

Post by Madmarco »

::welcome:: to AAPK D.D.! ::handshake:: I believe Folgore is onto something with the "Outsiders" movie. That movie depicts the 1950's and I think the knife in your post is the model that Johnny Cade carried and hence made famous, so perhaps it's from that era. ::shrug:: Nice knife under any circumstances! 8)
8)
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Shell puller leverlocks were made from the very early 1900s until the late 1960s-maybe even later.
During the 1940s most German cutlery production was geared toward the war. After WW2, Germany was not allowed to export cutlery to the US until 1950.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
Daniel Diller

Post by Daniel Diller »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:11 am Shell puller leverlocks were made from the very early 1900s until the late 1960s-maybe even later.
During the 1940s most German cutlery production was geared toward the war. After WW2, Germany was not allowed to export cutlery to the US until 1950.
Thank you for the response. Do you think this knife is pre WW2? Everything I seen on line suggest that. I can't find anything about this knife just that C. Friedrich was known for there straight razors.
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I don't know, but I suspect post-1950.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
Daniel Diller

Post by Daniel Diller »

Thank you Bill.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”