Older " Bali-Song" marked Benchmade Auto

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Older " Bali-Song" marked Benchmade Auto

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Does anyone have an idea as to when this was made? What production model is it? It seems to be a fairly early production model.
Attachments
DSCF7992.JPG
DSCF7993.JPG
DSCF7994.JPG
DSCF7995.JPG
DSCF7988.JPG
DSCF7989.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Gunsil

Re: Older " Bali-Song" marked Benchmade Auto

Post by Gunsil »

If I'm not mistaken, it is a Benchmade "Mel Pardue" designed by Mel Pardue and made in the 1990s, I bought one when they first came out but don't remember the year.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Gunsil wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:06 pm If I'm not mistaken, it is a Benchmade "Mel Pardue" designed by Mel Pardue and made in the 1990s, I bought one when they first came out but don't remember the year.
You are correct. The 1990s was a great time for Benchmade. I would like to have a copy of that knife. The blade was made from ATS-34 and Mel Pardue's interpretation of the perfect large "pocket auto" was spot on. ::handshake:: ::tu::

I wish that they would make them once again.
The Benchmade Knife 3000 Automatic Folder Mel Pardue Satin Plain Edge. The 3000 automatic is a discontinued model designed by Mel Pardue. Side opening, coil spring. Satin finish standard edge blade ATS-34, Stainless steel clip

Overall Length:9.10"
Blade Length:3.75"
Blade Thickness:0.95"
Blade Material:ATS-34
Hardness:58-60 RC
Blade Style:Clip Point
Blade Grind:Flat
Finish:Satin
Edge Type:Plain
Handle Length:5.25"
Handle Thickness:0.479"
Handle Material:Aluminum
Color:Black
Weight:3.4 oz.
Model: 3000
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Captain O wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:18 pm
Gunsil wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:06 pm If I'm not mistaken, it is a Benchmade "Mel Pardue" designed by Mel Pardue and made in the 1990s, I bought one when they first came out but don't remember the year.
You are correct. The 1990s was a great time for Benchmade. I would like to have a copy of that knife. The blade was made from ATS-34 and Mel Pardue's interpretation of the perfect large "pocket auto" was spot on. ::handshake:: ::tu::

So it is a model 3000, :) Thanks Captain! ::handshake:: I bought several Benchmades back in the 90's. Going through old boxes of stuff and I just found an early 90's Benchmade box with my name on it. It was from a group order from where I worked and much to my chagrin... ::facepalm:: no knife inside... ::teary_eyes::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:15 pm
Captain O wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:18 pm

So it is a model 3000, :) Thanks Captain! ::handshake:: I bought several Benchmades back in the 90's. Going through old boxes of stuff and I just found an early 90's Benchmade box with my name on it. It was from a group order from where I worked and much to my chagrin... ::facepalm:: no knife inside... ::teary_eyes::
DAYUM! Well... $#it, oh dear! ::teary_eyes:: ::dang:: ::paranoid:: ::td:: ::barf::

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”