Switchblade patent 96847

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Bagzi78

Switchblade patent 96847

Post by Bagzi78 »

I got this switchblade from friend father but I dont know year and price? If anybody know any info? Many tnx.
Attachments
IMG-1063.JPG
IMG-1064.JPG
IMG-1065.JPG
IMG-1070.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Switchblade patent 96847

Post by Madmarco »

Bagzi78 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:52 pm I got this switchblade from friend father but I dont know year and price? If anybody know any info? Many tnx.
Hey Bagzi! ::welcome:: to AAPK. ::handshake:: I can't give you the specifics for your knife, but there are very knowledgeable collectors on this site who will be along eventually who can. I don't see a locktab in your pics so I'm going to assume it's a BO/BC(button open/button close)model, and if I'm not mistaken about 9 " oal. The covers appear to be fairly well maintained, and being cow horn there's certain value in that, and the flat-grind blade also makes it more desirable. Considering these features I'd have to say your knife was built sometime before 1962, but as far as value I'll leave that to someone more familiar with an older knife. The INOX in the circle simply means "rust free", and certain members here will have a book on patents so perhaps someone would look up the number for you. It sure is a nice old auto, congratulations on receiving it! 8)
8)
Bagzi78

Re: Switchblade patent 96847

Post by Bagzi78 »

Ty sir for your very nice answer. :) Yes, blade is open and close on middle button, and is 9.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”