Geo Schrade Presto information please

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Geo Schrade Presto information please

Post by Gone2Three »

An acquaintance of mine had first pickings of a large private collection before it was going to a broker.
He was kind enough to ask me if I would be interested in a few... well, heck yeah!

So the reason for this post is that he picked me out a usa made switchblade that I recognize the name but can't find out much about the history and possible variations it was made . Once again I'm turning to my friends here for help... Thanks!
Attachments
20200331_151059.jpg
KIMG0722_011.jpg
KIMG0721_011.jpg
KIMG07241.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Geo Schrade Presto information please

Post by 1967redrider »

You'll just get in trouble with that one, better send it off to me. ::nod:: :mrgreen:

Fishtail press-button, George Schrade made (1925-1945 on the tang stamp, according to Goins) and the patent date is 1900s not 2000s. Great piece of knife history. ::tu:: ::tu::

According to Sargent's 2nd Edition, the pattern number could be 1514B.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Snapper

Post by Snapper »

Great Score...You have a very nice Presto that from your pictures looks all original in excellent condition.
It's a model # 4000 with blue swirl celluloid handles.
Wish I had some of the acquaintances you have.
Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Snapper wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:44 pm Great Score...You have a very nice Presto that from your pictures looks all original in excellent condition.
It's a model # 4000 with blue swirl celluloid handles.
Wish I had some of the acquaintances you have.
I see the blue now. On my cell it looks solid black unless I zoom the pictures.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Thank you everyone, appreciate your responses to my post.
Well, wasn't exactly familiar with switchblades, almost passed on it all together but something told me it was special. Boy I'm glad to hear that it's a good find, all I could turn up on a quick search is that they were banned back in a day.

I'm blessed to have a good friend that was looking out for me, he's actually the one that introduced me to the hobby. We've never met in person, but through a motorcycle forum like this one. These came from a person that he knew, passed and his widow was letting him go through the collection prior to a estate sale.
All in all I aquired 9 new pieces for my collection including the switchblade. I'll post the picture he sent me on the proper thread later on.
Appreciate you all, once again...Thanks!

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”