I had a "Colt II" (Chinese knife) arrive yesterday. (It was delivered by the "knife fairy").

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Captain O

I had a "Colt II" (Chinese knife) arrive yesterday. (It was delivered by the "knife fairy").

Post by Captain O »

440C steel, good kick, reasonably lightweight, and $20.95 shipped by DHGate from China. This knife seems strong and should be a serviceable pocket knife until it either breaks or is no longer useful.

https://www.dhresource.com/webp/m/0x0s/ ... or-men.jpg

Cheers!
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I had a "Colt II" (Chinese knife) arrive yesterday. (It was delivered by the "knife fairy").

Post by Old Folder »

Nice Colt Captain O ::nod::
I like the thumb blade lock release.
Being that you posted it in the "Switchblade Forum" I assume the button is the spring activated blade release?
Thanks for sharing.
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I had a "Colt II" (Chinese knife) arrive yesterday. (It was delivered by the "knife fairy").

Post by doglegg »

It is a cool looking knife. Let us know how it performs. ::nod:: ::tu::
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I took it to my Spyderco tri-angle "Sharpmaker" and it took a quick edge. (440C sharpens rather easily). After a little lube, the blade swings open and closes smoothly. There is a lock for the blade release button and the knife is light enough for daily carry.

Make no mistake about it, this is the "golden era" for automatic knives. They are inexpensive, plentiful, useful (read: made with good steel) and truly enjoyable.

Buy them, use them and revel in the steel as well as their mechanical goodness... they aren't just for display and self-defense anymore. They are great pocket knives for "the common man" as they were during the 19th through the mid 20th centuries.
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

I've got a Microtech LUDT I carry at work often. It's over 15 yrs old, still fires like a Howitzer, takes and holds a great edge. Closest thing to indestructible I own. Autos for work just make sense.
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Cletus Awreetus wrote:I've got a Microtech LUDT I carry at work often. It's over 15 yrs old, still fires like a Howitzer, takes and holds a great edge. Closest thing to indestructible I own. Autos for work just make sense.
Great automatic knives are not new. During the turn of the 20th century, Kabar and Schrade-Walden were making automatic folders Benchmade and Kershaw are making wonderful working autos. My father's Fishtail Picklock served him well during WW2 and Korea.

With rare exceptions, "West Side Story" and other "switchblade-toting" thug portrayals have been relegated to small bands of gang members and the like. Working autos abound among honorable people.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I'm honorable people and I like switchalades
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

samb1955 wrote:I'm honorable people and I like switchblades.
The defense... rests.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Ditto. I do resent the fact that ebay has decided, in their infinite wisdom the ban all automatic knives. But that is a another story. Happy and safe 4th everyone!
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I think Knife Rights and/or the AKTI tried to actually overturn the automatic knife ban in my state, and while it passed the state legislature, the Governor vetoed it, citing outdated and incorrect viewpoints. Even I don't get that--the state pays people to open up craft breweries, and alcohol in the wrong hands can be dangerous as well.

The knife looks great! If the laws against autos in my state get finally get overturned, or I move to a state that allows carrying and owning them, I will probably end up buying myself a Mikov Predator and a Spyderco Autonomy; as well as a left-handed 110 auto.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I'd buy them anyway.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

cody6268 wrote:I think Knife Rights and/or the AKTI tried to actually overturn the automatic knife ban in my state, and while it passed the state legislature, the Governor vetoed it, citing outdated and incorrect viewpoints. Even I don't get that--the state pays people to open up craft breweries, and alcohol in the wrong hands can be dangerous as well.

The knife looks great! If the laws against autos in my state get finally get overturned, or I move to a state that allows carrying and owning them, I will probably end up buying myself a Mikov Predator and a Spyderco Autonomy; as well as a left-handed 110 auto.
There's a left-handed Buck 110 Auto (converted by an Ohio company) on Sharper Deals. www.sharperdeals.com.

Buy it before it gets away.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

I buy autos not because California tells me I can"t :x, but because I like them ::nod::.
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

They're legal in Indiana now but I didn't let that stop stop me before. It's a rediculas law anyway.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”