Help Identifying Italian Stiletto

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Help Identifying Italian Stiletto

Post by herbva »

Greetings everyone. I picked this up in a lot of knives that I recently purchased. I primarily collect and restore old Case knives and know absolutely nothing about these. I would appreciate any information (or conjecture) that you can share, particularly about the age and the manufacturer. It measures 5 7/8" closed and just under 11" with the blade open. The seller mentioned that the handle is horn, but I have my doubts. I did give it a light cleaning just to remove the dirt and grime and some yellow paint that was splattered on it. I am thinking about giving it a good polishing but decided to find out what I have and get some opinions before I proceed. It is fairly hefty, totally manual open, and locks up nice and tight with no blade wobble. The only stamp or mark I can find on it is what you see in the pictures. I tried to do some research on it, but was totally overwhelmed by the variety of these knives that are out there. I think it is kind of a cool piece, but I can't say that I care for the way the scales stick way out and are not finished flush to the bolsters, but maybe that is the style. If this is not the right forum for this, please let me know where it would be better to post. Thanks for your time and help and best regards.

Herb
Attachments
DSCN1282.JPG
DSCN1283.JPG
DSCN1284.JPG
DSCN1285.JPG
DSCN1287.JPG
DSCN1289.JPG
DSCN1292.JPG
DSCN1293.JPG
DSCN1294.JPG
DSCN1295.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”