Custom Mammoth Leverletto's - by Bill DeShivs

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
PCwizard

Custom Mammoth Leverletto's - by Bill DeShivs

Post by PCwizard »

I just received the two custom Leverletto's I ordered from Bill DeShivs. I shipped Bill some Mammoth Scales I've been saving. Bill was wonderful to work with and very professional. I'm very happy with the knives he made for me. The other three knives in the photos are factory "AKC" models that I own. The handles on those are Buffalo Horn, Stag and Cream Colored Bone.

I want to publicly thank Bill DeShivs for the great work he did for me and all he's done for knife collecting over the years. I look forward to working with him again. Thanks, Bill

Just a word of warning if your thinking of buying a Leverletto, MAKE SURE IT'S THE REAL DEAL. There has been a flood of fake "AKC Leverletto's" that are made in China entering the collectors market over the last year. eBay has dozens for sale with only about 5 being real. Not all the sellers are in China. There are a lot of USA Sellers who bought a number of fakes for $20 each and are reselling them for around $100.

Attachments
DSCN1593.JPG
DSCN1596.JPG
DSCN1598.JPG
DSCN1599.JPG
DSCN1603.JPG
DSCN1605.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Custom Mammoth Leverletto's - by Bill DeShivs

Post by doglegg »

Great job Mr Deshivs. Those are gorgeous. Beautiful Mammoth. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Wow, those are nothin' but nice!! And thanks for the info on the fakes.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Those are beautiful! Great post. Am I the only one who gets a giggle out of "shiv" in Bill's name?
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Cal, that is always a little ironic and funny to me as well.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Beautiful knives!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

PCwizard wrote: Just a word of warning if your thinking of buying a Leverletto, MAKE SURE IT'S THE REAL DEAL. There has been a flood of fake "AKC Leverletto's" that are made in China entering the collectors market over the last year. eBay has dozens for sale with only about 5 being real..
Could you be just a wee bit more specific how you identify the good/ bad? ::shrug::
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

SteelMyHeart85420 wrote:
PCwizard wrote: Just a word of warning if your thinking of buying a Leverletto, MAKE SURE IT'S THE REAL DEAL. There has been a flood of fake "AKC Leverletto's" that are made in China entering the collectors market over the last year. eBay has dozens for sale with only about 5 being real..
Could you be just a wee bit more specific how you identify the good/ bad? ::shrug::
Look at the photo below (Fake Leverletto) you will see there is a screw head in the center opener/blade release. Real AKC Leverletto don't use a screw. If you see a screw head its fake. All the fakes I've seen in the last year have the screw.

I also only buy straight from AKC. These knives only cost $80 to $125 most of the time. Because there are so many fakes out there I feel it's worth paying the full retail price just to make sure I get the real thing.

Attachments
Fake Leverletto.jpg
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

I am not familiar with Bill DeShivs's work. It looks superb. Can you relay the process of getting a Leverletto done by him? Thanks.

BTW, where is the best place to get mammoth scales?
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

boykinlp wrote:I am not familiar with Bill DeShivs's work. It looks superb. Can you relay the process of getting a Leverletto done by him? Thanks.

BTW, where is the best place to get mammoth scales?
Larry
You can Google Bill DeShivs and find his website to contact him. He is also on AAPK, so you should be able to PM him.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Here’s his AAPK profile, in case you don’t know how to find it. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=15108

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”