Stilettos

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Winnipeg Gentleman

Stilettos

Post by Winnipeg Gentleman »

Greetings all.

I'm new here and I've noticed this section for switchblades. Does this section also include manual stilettos, or is it for automatic switchblades only?

I've wanted a real switchblade for many years, however I live in Canada and they're illegal, so I've never even seen one in real life with my own eyes before.

I have many different kinds of knives but I collect mostly stilettos, so I'm hoping that either this area also includes stilettos or a new area can be created for those who also collect the manual kind.

Winnipeg Gentleman
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Stilettos

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Overall, AAPK tends to be more focused on traditional slip-joint knives, but all are welcome. Even if there is not a specific forum for stilettos, there are a couple of places where you could start threads to discuss them. The General Knife Discussion subforum is the catch-all for all knives that don't have a dedicated forum. There is also the European And Other Foreign Manufactured Knives that might work for Italian, French, German or Chinese manufactured knives, including stilettos.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

Welcome to AAPK, WG....let's see some pics of your stiletto collection!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

WE LIKE PICTURES!!!! Welcome to the forums!
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Winnipeg Gentleman

Thanks for welcoming me to the site.

It was suggested that I discuss stilettos in the general knife discussion area or in the area for foreign manufactured knives. I don't have a problem with that, however I'm not really sure exactly where a lot of my stilettos were made.

I know many people feel it's important to know where a knife is made or which company made it, but honestly, I've never cared too much about all of that when collecting. If I see a knife that looks nice, if it's handle is colorful/fancy, if it feels good in my hand, if it has that snapping walk-and-talk, then really, that's all good enough for me, I don't really care too much about where it hails from or what it's childhood was like, heheh...

So, when it comes to discussing stilettos, unless there's opposition to it, like if the owners of the site object, for example, then I think the switchblade area may be a better place to discuss manual stilettos than the general knife discussion area. After all, switchblades and manual stilettos are quite similar, after all. No, they're not exactly the same, but they're definitely in the same family.

For those who requested pictures of my stiletto collection, yes, those will be coming in the next couple days. I never had to take pictures of my collection before I joined this site, but I'll start now. I've already posted pictures in the public gallery showing some of my Case silver script knives, and I just started my personal photo album here, so I'll soon have many pictures for everyone to look at, both of stilettos and of all my other kinds of knives, as well. I hope you all enjoy seeing them.

Winnipeg Gentleman
Winnipeg Gentleman

Greetings all.

Since there isn't a section in the public picture gallery for stilettos, I have posted several pictures of my stiletto collection in my personal picture gallery on this site.

The pictures I have posted right now are group pictures of my stiletto collection, but I will be posting singular, close-up pictures of my stilettos in the near future. I will write a message here whenever new pictures are available in my personal picture gallery, for those who wish to see them.

Winnipeg Gentleman

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”