No name lever lock - what do I have?

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
tinkerer

No name lever lock - what do I have?

Post by tinkerer »

It's only marked INOX. The blade is stainless (hence the stamp) but the backspring is high carbon. The kick spring is broken and the blade tip is slightly bent. Scales appear to be plastic. It's very loose.

Maker? Value? Worth sending out for repair or home brew it? I have some ability and tools to rebuild it but don't want to ruining it if for some reason its valuable.
Attachments
inox01.jpg
inox02.jpg
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: No name lever lock - what do I have?

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I picked up a similar one a year ago a our local flea market for $1. It too had a broken spring like yours. I was not able to find out much about it. The markings on mine were "Rostfrei-INOX" which means stainless steel blade. Mine had plastic handles with a bullfighter scene on them, which might make one believe it is of Spanish make (or the real MFG wants you to think that). If no one is proud enough to put their name on a knife when it is new, then it is difficult to find out later. These are not of very good quality and thus not worth much, even if not broken. I fixed mine up as a lockblade, but I don't consider it safe to carry in my pocket as the latching mechanism is very worn. I rehandled it with Bocote and made a new release button from aluminum, total overkill for this junker, I did it just for practice when I was starting to work on knives. If I was you I would just "tinker" with it.
IMG_2149.JPG
IMG_2150.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
tinkerer

Post by tinkerer »

Thanks! That's probably what I'll do.
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Tinkerer-
Your knife was made in Maniago, Italy-probably in the 1960s. The handles are celluloid.
It is basically a copy of a German Weltersbach pattern.
While it's not worth a ton of money, I don't recommend home-brew repairs. The handles should be replaced-as they will deteriorate and ruin the knife.
The spring is a fairly easy replacement-as are the scales, and the knife would be tightened up during the repair.
I can do the work properly.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
tinkerer

Post by tinkerer »

Thanks, Bill. I may be in touch.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”