Is anyone having a custom knife built?

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Captain O

Is anyone having a custom knife built?

Post by Captain O »

I am in the early stages of having a custom knife manufactured from the ground up. This will be a clip-point picklock (similar to an Italian Fishtail Picklock). It will be 11" OAL (the handle will be 6" long and the blade will be 5" long with a cutting edge 4 1/2" in length). The blade will have a firing-pin ramp and it will be heavier with a 3/4" wide and .188" thick blade at the spine that is built to last. The blade will have a 17.062-degree taper from a .125" thick spine. (Hint: it will be a tough guy!) No quillions, but a "fish" style front bolster.

It should have Dark Horn scales and a recessed, flat firing button. The liners and bolsters will be crafted from stainless steel and the blade will be 1095 carbon steel. This is a "working knife" not meant to be shoved in a sock drawer, only to be hauled out to show someone. A "real" knife is meant to be used and prized. This is being built with the memory of my father, the "Frogman" foremost in mind. I'm bringing back his old 1938 Fishtail Picklock but manufactured of better materials. ::tu:: 8)

(Pantywaists need not apply)!

Ain't it cool? 8) ::super_happy::
sam eib

Re: Is anyone having a custom knife built?

Post by sam eib »

Way cool!
CasexxLiker

Re: Is anyone having a custom knife built?

Post by CasexxLiker »

Did the knife ever get made?

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”