I just ordered a AKC slim line (7.75") swedge blade Lever Lock.

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Captain O

I just ordered a AKC slim line (7.75") swedge blade Lever Lock.

Post by Captain O »

This is a slightly larger knife that will be rotated with my AKC Speed Hunter. I have never owned a "swedge" blade lever lock for "pouch" (enclosed holster) carry. 8) ::tu:: The enclosed holster tends to keep curious onlookers from wondering about the knife's opening mechanism. I like the clean lines of the knife and the "low profile" makes carrying an automatic knife in "polite company" discreet. ::tu::

Does anyone else own one of these? If so, how does it carry and handle in public? ::hmm:: :wink:
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I just ordered a AKC slim line (7.75") swedge blade Lever Lock.

Post by jerryd6818 »

Is this similar to what you bought?

Not my knife. Stock picture from bladeplay.com.
Attachments
skm-auto-7-lever-lock-slim-stag-large.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

It is the same knife but with scales of Cocobolo wood. (They're a pretty brown, too)! Knives such as this beg to be carried and used. (This is why they are made). ;) 8) ::groove::
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

I have one in burl and it is one of the few Italians that is actually a user. The slims and leverlettos are very good knives. The blade geometry is useful and they seem to keep a tight lock-up with much use. JMHO. Greg
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

hogwild wrote:I have one in burl and it is one of the few Italians that is actually a user. The slims and leverlettos are very good knives. The blade geometry is useful and they seem to keep a tight lock-up with much use. JMHO. Greg
This is good news. I was hoping that the knife would be a good user. So many people will buy "collectible" stilettos and other knives of similar ilk and are disappointed when they discover that the knife they bought has but three uses:

1) "Click therapy",
2) Showing/displaying the piece and,
3) Stabbing people.

I have stopped buying knives with bayonet, kris and dagger blades. I may buy a "flat" ground blade if the angle is below 20 degrees. If it can't hold a cutting edge, it is of no utilitarian purpose.

This is why I bought the Speed Hunter and the slimline. Others can buy all the stilettos they like, but they are of no use to me.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

The slimline arrived at 10.00 this morning. The lockup is tight and the blade shoots out with alacrity and clicks into the open position with authority. ::nod:: I whipped a razor's edge onto it with my Spyderco "Sharpmaker" in a matter of minutes. ::super_happy:: The knife weighs a svelte 3.3 ounces and the handle is .60". The blade is 3.25" and the handle is 4.50" in length. It is lightning fast and blade play is minimal. It doesn't get much better than this!

Another hot score from Rick in Minnesota. ::tu:: ::ds::

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”