Just received a 1997 AKC 10" Fishtail Picklock today.

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Captain O

Just received a 1997 AKC 10" Fishtail Picklock today.

Post by Captain O »

This gorgeous AKC piece has beautiful wood scales. (They haven't made them like this for a couple of decades). It is the equivalent of being NOS (New Old Stock). This knife will be a carry piece and doesn't have a bad edge. (My Spyderco Sharpmaker put a nice "shaving sharp" edge on the overly long clip-point edge). The knife was built circa 1997.

Happy days! ::tu::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Just received a 1997 AKC 10" Fishtail Picklock today.

Post by philco »

Congratulations on snagging that one. We'd love to see a picture.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Captain O

Re: Just received a 1997 AKC 10" Fishtail Picklock today.

Post by Captain O »

This style was a part of my history. Dad carried one from the late 1930's on in a holster he wore on deck as a Boatswain's Mate 1st Class (Underwater Demolition Team/Navy Rifle Team). His 10 3/4" Latama Fishtail Pick Lock was accompanied by a marlinspike with an adjustable end wrench silver soldered on the end.

These are working carry knives and are quite versatile when it comes to jacket pocket carry. I want to obtain an open-top (and another enclosed) drop belt holster so that I can carry it outdoors. I have pictures in my email but don't know how to transfer them here. I bought it from Mark Erickson in Wisconsin on a recommendation from Dave Sause in Norman, Oklahoma.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”