GANZO G7211

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
PCwizard

GANZO G7211

Post by PCwizard »

Anyone reviewed the GANZO G7211, I know its a entry level auto. But its got some great reviews.
I was just wondering if anyone has played with one yet
PCwizard

Re: GANZO G7211

Post by PCwizard »

I just got my in the mail - this is a solid knife every well made. best thing I've ever seen come out of china.
Best part is since these are not made for export to the usa there is no Made in China stamp on it.
This thing is razor sharp and smooth.

Blade: 440c stainless steel (58-60HRC)
Handle: G10+Stainless steel, Clip,
Size: Whole length: (7.9");
Blade's length: (3.3");
Closed Length: (4.5")
Fit and finish are top shelf all the way around
Attachments
WP_20150903_005.jpg
WP_20150903_008.jpg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Nice clean lines. Are you going to carry it?

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

this thing doesn't leave the house, my state still has a problem with these.
I carrie my Kershaw Leek and a 1990's Leatherman as my EDC. Keeps me out of trouble.
simart@gmail.com

Post by simart@gmail.com »

The black Ganzo G7211 in satin is my favorite Ganzo, and I've got them all. If you haven't seen mhanlen1's review of the stone washed G7212 you should check it out. It's pretty funny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHekt2bvUHU
I think the Ganzo automatics are an opportunity that won't last. Might be worth picking up some extras, just in case. Just my two cents, I'm not selling them.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Gary: I have Model 719 and I think that these are the most underrated Chinese import auto to date. Mine holds a razor-sharp edge and I get to carry it on a daily basis. It is hot stuff and "works like a soul inspired". These are a fantastic value for the money. If you can afford it, buy another Ganzo (try the Model 719 - Black). Fast Tech has them available for $18.49 (shipping included). 8) :mrgreen:

Go for it, mate! ::tu::
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

I have one in my pocket rite now and several more. Ganzo has cloned the Protec tr3 I believe and they are impressive too. The Ganzo 707 is probably my favorite Ganzo! Great knives for cheap!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Captain O wrote:Gary: I have Model 719 and I think that these are the most underrated Chinese import auto to date. Mine holds a razor-sharp edge and I get to carry it on a daily basis. It is hot stuff and "works like a soul inspired". These are a fantastic value for the money. If you can afford it, buy another Ganzo (try the Model 719 - Black). Fast Tech has them available for $18.49 (shipping included). 8) :mrgreen:

Go for it, mate! ::tu::
I had one and gave it away. Did a "WTH did I do that" and bought another that showed up in my mailbox today. I think I'll hang on to this one.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

PCwizard wrote:Anyone reviewed the GANZO G7211, I know its a entry level auto. But its got some great reviews.
I was just wondering if anyone has played with one yet
Gary;
I ordered the Ganzo G7211-Black and the Ganzo G7211-Green on July 18, 2017 from FastTech.
I received an email today (July 28, 2017) that they FINALLY shipped from Hong Kong. ::paranoid::
Delayed shipping likely due to the Green being back-ordered (out of stock)
I'll post my review when I receive them. I also added a G707 ::nod::
Like you, I cannot carry past my property line. Guess I'm not responsible? :(
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

I stocked up on some too. Some models I have triples of. I just can't pass up a deal, the autos aren't all clones and even the models that are your getting a very well made knife at basement prices. Their manual knives are nice too but I think the price of a 20 spot for a well made auto is like robbery without a gun.
thickskinner54

Post by thickskinner54 »

001.jpg
004.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
010.jpg
012.jpg
Hey, fellas, I just received my model G747 in Black, and like jerryd6818 said, "They are the most underrated Chinese imports to date". I own 4 models now and
the Black 747 has become my favorite. Also, I decided to give their fixed blade a shot, bringing the kids camping so I figured I would take it along to test it out. I wasn't let down. It chopped away branches and cut through all I attempted quite easily, it even cleaned a fish! I like where they machined the spine to make a nice striker for the flint stick, works much better than using the blade. It also has a belt cutter, ferrocerium/magnesium stick, a small diamond sharpener, glass breaker, lanyard hole and a hard sheath w/ snap-in fit.
It held its edge, after 3 days of working it pretty well. I think I paid @ $26 w/ free shipping from fast tech. All in all, I,m sold on the GANZO knives so far,
I have a few of the folders too, the G745CF is the one I carry. The axis lock is super smooth and they machined out the frame to make it lighter than the earlier model and it definitely gave it a better feel , in my opinion. Sorry for going off track from the autos, I just wanted to say a little of what I experienced with Ganzo knives. Thanks for all the knowledge guys, It is a great help.
Politicians are the lowest life form on earth; Democrats are the lowest form of politicians - General George Patton
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

I got the F758 Firebird a few months back, love it. It's not as sexy as the other models, but it's the only model w/ a locking mechanism. Well built, as others have said, nicest thing I've seen out of china. This thing snaps hard too, with an audible "crack" !! Nice weight and size. Would be better in G-10 but otherwise it's pretty dang nice.

The only thing I found to be annoying, is the little "lock - unlock" symbol next to the switch. That's the only cheesy thing I could complain about.

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

I have 3 of those and am quite happy with all the Ganzo knives I have.
Brian_R170

Post by Brian_R170 »

I have a few Ganzo autos including the 7211. I pulled apart a 7482 and reviewed it over on Bladeforums (http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-lo ... t-17113447). The knives look and feel pretty good, but I am very skittish of the plastic bushings between the blade and the liners/scales. With plastic, the possibility of deforming it is much higher than when using even a soft metal like bronze. The obvious result will be horizontal blade play over time. Also, when I pulled mine apart, there were a lot if plastic "shavings" in the spring cavity after only a couple weeks of use, which was pretty alarming. These knives are only $20. If they would just spend a couple more $ on the bushings, the knives would be insanely good values.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

thickskinner54 and Bryan_R170

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I had a Ganzo G-7471-BK arrive in my mailbox yesterday along with my AKC 7.75" slimline. I love both knives and adore the blade profile of the G-7471-BK. Both are great carry knives and allow maximum versatility and usefulness. While the Ganzo is a bit heavy, it is of such robust design that it can be employed without reservation in the field without as much as a second thought. 8) ::tu::

Ganzo makes great knives for the price that we're in the "golden age" of Ganzo automatics. Buy them while you can. They are a "working man's" auto that it truly is an underrated tool. ::tu:: :mrgreen:
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I have been patiently waiting for Ganzo to release a G7471-CF (Carbon Fiber). I don't know if they will ever do it - but if they do I'll be all over it.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:I have been patiently waiting for Ganzo to release a G7471-CF (Carbon Fiber). I don't know if they will ever do it - but if they do I'll be all over it.
I Would heartily recommend that you order a G7471-BK with the black G-10 scales. You'll be happy with the rugged design and the ability of the knife to tackle any task you throw at the unit. The scales provide more than adequate purchase and control while using the knife and this is a "user", not a play pretty display product! I'm glad I bought mine!

Buy one, you'll be so glad you did!

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”