Biblical Truth

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Biblical Truth

Post by dlr110 »

I don't remember where I came across this, it could have been on here, but I just felt like sharing it given our current political climate.

Biblical Truth
Why are the Republicans referred to as the “Right” and the Democrats as the “Left?” Does the Bible clearly answer that question and why? Read the following passages and you decide if this is a Biblical Truth.

In Ecclesiastes Chapter 10:2-3, 12-14 (NKJV) we find the following words:
2. “The mind of the wise tends toward the right, but the mind of the fool toward the left.”
This passage clearly establishes why the Republicans are referred to as the right and why the Democrats are referred to as the left. Thus, the answer to the question Right and Left; wise or fool is answered. Now the why is answered in the following passages.

3. “Fools lack all sense even when they walk down the street; they show everyone that they are fools.”
This passage establishes the state of mind of the fools and how they are unable to hide their foolishness. Even with the simple act of walking they exhibit no common sense in their actions.

12. “Words from a wise person’s mouth are beneficial, but fools are devoured by their own lips.”
In this passage it’s declared that the words spoken by the wise are worthy of our knowledge and use. But the words of fools have no use, but they are condemned by the very words they speak.

13. “Fools start out talking foolishness and end up speaking awful nonsense.”
This passage warns us that in the beginning the words of fools has no meaning. As fools continue their ramblings, their speech is recognized as deceitful hate that serves no one, except their own self interest.

14. “Fools talk too much! No one knows what will happen; no one can say what will happen in the future.”
In this passage we are told that fools talk and talk about what is needed now and in time to come. They believe they can see what is required in days to come in order to avoid certain events or be prepared for them. Yet their foolish words have no basis of truth or understanding, because no man knows the events yet to come.

In Proverbs we find the following truths about those on the Right (Rep) and the Left (Dem).

Proverbs 10
14. “Wise people store up knowledge, but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.”
This passage tells us that the Wise learn and gain knowledge in silence, but the foolish stand on the corners, in crowds and on platforms spouting their lies and half-truths to their own demise.

Proverbs 18
7. “A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.”
In this last passage we are told that the words that come from a fools mouth are his own condemnation and the lips that speak those words are the evidence of his perverse mind and soul.

Now you know the Biblical truth about the wise and the fools; the “Right” and the “Left” and the characteristic makeup of each group. We must listen and gain strength and wisdom from the wise and turn a deaf ear to the dangerous words of the fool, but guard against their plans for the day of deliverance has not yet come.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Steve Warden

Re: Biblical Truth

Post by Steve Warden »

In God's eye, there is neither Jew nor Greek.
In today's vernacular, (if I may be so bold) in God's eye, there is neither Republican nor Democrat.
I've seen and known wise men and fools on both sides of the political divide.
Stupidity knows no party - it is an equal opportunity deceiver.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

I put no trust in the NKJV Bible.
So many verses have been changed or removed.
I'll just stick with my Grandfather's old King James Bible.
It's almost 150 years old and good enough for me. ::tu::
Tim
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Steve Warden wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:58 pm In God's eye, there is neither Jew nor Greek.
In today's vernacular, (if I may be so bold) in God's eye, there is neither Republican nor Democrat.
I've seen and known wise men and fools on both sides of the political divide.
Stupidity knows no party - it is an equal opportunity deceiver.
Exactly brother. Wisdom, & vise-versa, know's no political bounds.
It's the charicter traits of each individual, politics are just one of the many (good or bad) symptoms.
IMHO
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Beavertail wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:56 pm I put no trust in the NKJV Bible.
Yup brother, I guess you know all about it... :wink:

Back in the day,
The anti-reformers couldn't get us to cave to their so-called "bibles". So they created the "new" king james version.
Basically the gateway bible, to all the false ones out there.

Please don't take this wrong brothers,
NKJV is fine, you just need to hold it up to the the Golden Standard.
The KJV is the most complete, unidalterated, compilization of the original manuscripts. With all the false teachings removed, from you know who...
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:13 pm Yup brother, I guess you know all about it... :wink:

Back in the day,
The anti-reformers couldn't get us to cave to their so-called "bibles". So they created the "new" king james version.

The KJV is the most complete, unidalterated, compilization of the original manuscripts. With all the false teachings removed, from you know who...
I saddens me to read these posts. :(
I guess the Children's Version Bible for my granddaughter is a false Bible.
I guess those who can only read a Bible in Spanish or Chinese are reading false Bibles.
Sad.
Sad that those who are preaching from the KJV have to explain what some of the archaic words mean. In essence, they are creating their own version for clearer meaning and understanding, which, according to such belief, is a false doctrine.
Sad that they are laying burdens on people who are truly trying to understand God's word.

Matt 23:4 KJV For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Matt 23:4 NKJV For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Matt 23:4 NIV They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Steve Warden wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:05 pm
WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:13 pm Yup brother, I guess you know all about it... :wink:

Back in the day,

I guess those who can only read a Bible in Spanish or Chinese are reading false Bibles.
Sad.
Sad that those who are preaching from the KJV have to explain what some of the archaic words mean. In essence, they are creating their own version for clearer meaning and understanding, which, according to such belief, is a false doctrine.
Sad that they are laying burdens on people who are truly trying to understand God's word.

Matt 23:4 KJV For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Matt 23:4 NKJV For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Matt 23:4 NIV They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
No need to feel sad. The opinion I expressed about the NKJV Bible was not meant to offend anyone.
The King James Bible is printed in many languages including Chinese and Spanish.
Tim
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Back in the day,

Sad.

Steve,
You should see how it saddens me, that so many true believers have caved to comprimised bibles. We are talking about the HOLY WORD OF GOD here.
When you compermise on His word, you are playing a dangerous game.
So yes, IMHO, anything that is a childrens "bible", is a dumbed down false gospel.
If a believer truly cares about his Lords word, then learn the definitions of the archaic words. It's not hard, just takes a simple concordence. Even with all my mental handicaps, if I can do it, anyone can. It's just takes work, a patient heart, and prayers for wisdom and understanding.
I will stand behind what I said; for over 100 years the gnostics couldn't get believers to cave to their false writings. So they sneakingly cooked up a "new" bible for believers. Just look up the history of where it all came about... The whore of Babylon was loosing her grip on the masses, so she had to figure out some way to counter the reformation. All the Reformers knew this. Just learn the history, that's all I'm asking.
My, how far we have fallen from Mr. Spuregon.
:(
Winston Churchill

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 pm

Back in the day,

Sad.

Steve,
You should see how it saddens me, that so many true believers have caved to comprimised bibles. We are talking about the HOLY WORD OF GOD here.
So yes, IMHO, anything that is a childrens "bible", is a dumbed down false gospel.
If a believer truly cares about his Lords word, then learn the definitions of the archaic words. It's not hard, just takes a simple concordence. Even with all my mental handicaps, if I can do it, anyone can. It's just takes work, a patient heart, and prayers for wisdom and understanding.
I will stand behind what I said; for over 100 years the gnostics couldn't get believers to cave to their false writings. So they sneakingly cooked up a "new" bible for believers. Just look up the history of where it all came about... The whore of Babylon was loosing her grip on the masses, so she had to figure out some way to counter the reformation. All the Reformers knew this. Just learn the history, that's all I'm asking.
While I will not deny there are bibles out there with false doctrine, I will not accept that scholars of today are any less intent on maintaining the true meaning of God's word than the scholars who wrote the King James. If they (writers of the KJV) were able to provide an accurate translation and word it in such a way that it was understandable and meaningful to the people/language usage of their time, I believe it has been done today.

Give someone a trustworthy Bible that makes sense to them. Don't burden them with an archaic translation where every other word has to be looked up. You enjoy the KJV (and I do believe it is accurate) - more power to you. I refuse to insist people do it my way, or it's the wrong way.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Steve Warden wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:11 pm
WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 pm

Sad.

Steve,
While I will not deny there are bibles out there with false doctrine, I will not accept that scholars of today are any less intent on maintaining the true meaning of God's word than the scholars who wrote the King James. If they (writers of the KJV) were able to provide an accurate translation and word it in such a way that it was understandable and meaningful to the people/language usage of their time, I believe it has been done today.

Give someone a trustworthy Bible that makes sense to them. Don't burden them with an archaic translation where every other word has to be looked up. You enjoy the KJV (and I do believe it is accurate) - more power to you. I refuse to insist people do it my way, or it's the wrong way.
One way I’ve been able to mitigate this particular issue that arises between different camps supporting their particular translation is to suggest that, regardless of what translation you typically study, take the time to study the original Hebrew and Greek words. I find it very insightful and enjoyable, it’s no burden to me.
It’s just a suggestion.
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

BFORSE wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:23 pm One way I’ve been able to mitigate this particular issue that arises between different camps supporting their particular translation is to suggest that, regardless of what translation you typically study, take the time to study the original Hebrew and Greek words. I find it very insightful and enjoyable, it’s no burden to me.
It’s just a suggestion.
Amen. I have several resources, to include Old and New Testament Word Study Dictionaries.
I really enjoy getting into the original language. The depth of meaning is vast. And it clears up how words were used then versus how they are used today.

There are several reliable translations/versions available, along with some not so reliable. What bothers me is when the KJV is lifted up as the "only accurate, only reliable, only..." translation out there.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Steve Warden wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:30 pm
BFORSE wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:23 pm One way I’ve been able to mitigate this particular issue that arises between different camps supporting their particular translation is to suggest that, regardless of what translation you typically study, take the time to study the original Hebrew and Greek words. I find it very insightful and enjoyable, it’s no burden to me.
It’s just a suggestion.
Amen. I have several resources, to include Old and New Testament Word Study Dictionaries.
I really enjoy getting into the original language. The depth of meaning is vast. And it clears up how words were used then versus how they are used today.

There are several reliable translations/versions available, along with some not so reliable. What bothers me is when the KJV is lifted up as the "only accurate, only reliable, only..." translation out there.
I hear you, I prefer reading the Authorized Cambridge King James Version but, for me personally, I go to the original languages most of the time. I would do that with any translation though.
There are all kinds of things one must consider. Text streams, the translators themselves, tradition, manuscripts … the list goes on.
But at the end of the day, is the doctrine that we hold to sound? Is it in line with God’s revealed Word? Are we willing to examine ourselves, what we think we know, by His Word?
There is a whole world out there who would love nothing more than for us to get tied up in fruitless debate. To take our focus off our mission to proclaim the Gospel to all creation.
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

BFORSE wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:50 pm
It’s just a suggestion.

I hear you, I prefer reading the Authorized Cambridge King James Version but, for me personally, I go to the original languages most of the time. I would do that with any translation though.
There are all kinds of things one must consider. Text streams, the translators themselves, tradition, manuscripts … the list goes on.
But at the end of the day, is the doctrine that we hold to sound? Is it in line with God’s revealed Word? Are we willing to examine ourselves, what we think we know, by His Word?
There is a whole world out there who would love nothing more than for us to get tied up in fruitless debate. To take our focus off our mission to proclaim the Gospel to all creation.
Exactly brother, that's what I'm trying to say... :?
::handshake::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

It’s just a suggestion.

I don't disagree there are other accurate translations out there brother.
The Geneva Bible, the Whycliff translation, the Tyndale bible, ect. ect.
Anything from the fathers is ok in my book.
I just prefer the KJV personally; so beautifully written, the perfection of the english language.
Winston Churchill

Return to “Mostly True Stories”