Wally McCrae

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
tongueriver

Wally McCrae

Post by tongueriver »

This rather famous cowboy poet (and rightly so) was born, raised and lives in my neck of the woods. I believe that I can post the URL without violating copyrights, but not the specific contents by themselves, so....enjoy.
http://www.cowboypoetry.com/mcrae.htm#Rein
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Wally McCrae

Post by philco »

This guy has some real talent. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Very entertaining and very descriptive. It's great to read and at the same time be able to see, smell and taste what is being written! I especially like the last one, Ol' Malcolm made me laugh. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That was well worth the read!

Funny thing is here in South Central Kentucky I know some fellers just like Malcom. Lol
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

IMHO, Wallace McRae is an under appreciated national treasure. I posted this this video a while back in the "Favorite Bluegrass and Country songs" thread, along with the version putting it to music and sung by Michael Martin Murphy.

Ken

Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

thanks for bringing back memories, I attended the Cowboys Poet Convention at Elko, Nv. back in the late 80's , I think? saw Baxter Black a couple of times too at our local County Fair, What a sense of humor these guys have. Thanks for sharing, Terry ::tu::
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Mostly True Stories”