HEADACHES

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: HEADACHES

Post by QTCut5 »

Quick Update for all those following this thread...

My wife began taking the magnesium as recommended by Garry (Quick Steel) on Dec. 1. She has not suffered a migraine ever since; the longest continuous period of time that she has been headache-free in over two years. So far, it seems as though she may be among the fortunate 50% for whom this simple solution works. For her (us) it's nothing short of a miracle!

I have also received some very kind and thoughtful suggestions from Garry regarding a different, personal medical condition that has plagued me for the last 30 years, and for which I wish to publicly thank him. Although he acknowledges that he is not a doctor himself as is/was his brother, apparently the M.D. gene must run in his family.

May God bless you, Garry, and all others like you, whether officially certified M.D.s or just honest, compassionate folks who strive to lessen some of the pain and suffering in the lives of others through diligent study, sharing knowledge and a love of and appreciation for human life.
::not_worthy::
Cheers & Aloha,
~Q~
~Q~
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Good information QS. My wife is a migraine sufferer. The Magnisium Citrate doesn't get rid of hers unfortunately, lots of hers are brought on by barometric pressure. But we do take magnesium, it's very good for you and more people than you'd think are deficient.

I was having random eye tics. It didn't affect my vision, but it felt like my whole eye was jumping. Valerie had read about magnesium and that the eye tics were one of the symptoms of a deficiency. I started taking them and the tic went away. Good stuff.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Colonel26: Not at all surprised about the general deficiency in magnesium. I've seen reports that as much as 90% of the population is magnesium deficient, not even reaching the RDA, which is not very much. This is primarily the result of our depleted soils and reliance on processed foods.
Some doctors still advise patients that they can get all the vitamins and minerals they need from a balanced diet. My response is, not if it is an American diet. [ Theoretically it could be yes if one is willing to devote the time and money to obtaining truly organic, naturally fertilized produce and, similarly, organic meat, dairy, eggs, butter etc. Some of our members harvest their own wild meat, which a a big plus.]

It is interesting to me how the body communicates thru symptoms. The body has needs that we are not meeting, so it lets us know e.g. headaches, eye twitching, restless legs, IBS etc.etc.

Thanks for sharing.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

We have the eggs and some of the naturally fertilized veggies covered. We have chickens and do our own eggs. We eat them yolk and all and lots of them. The medical community is just now figuring out that they actually are good for you. Lol

We have about 30 hens and a rooster at any given time. Some of our hens are older and don't lay much anymore. But they're still churning out compost for me.

I keep wood chips and sawdust in the run and house for them. They eat bugs and worms, kitchen scrapes and waste from the yard and garden. Between the compost we throw in there, their droppings, and the wood chips and dust by spring the run is full of black loamy mulch. I use that to fertilize my raised beds. It sure does raisegiid veggies and no chemical fertilize needed.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Colonel you are way ahead of most. So many things we were told to avoid are now recognized as major benefactors to our health: eggs, organic butter, coffee etc. How many millions have been affected by limiting or reducing egg consumption over the years? Such a wonderful food. Just this year the Medical Powers quietly but firmly announced that cholesterol in food is of no concern. After decades of misdirection.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Quick Steel wrote:Colonel you are way ahead of most. So many things we were told to avoid are now recognized as major benefactors to our health: eggs, organic butter, coffee etc. How many millions have been affected by limiting or reducing egg consumption over the years? Such a wonderful food. Just this year the Medical Powers quietly but firmly announced that cholesterol in food is of no concern. After decades of misdirection.
I think you hit on something real important there. Now the literature is quietly talkin about how important dietary cholesterol is in the production of various hormones. Especially for us men, cholesterol is needed in the production of testosterone. Fat is needed by the brain. The list goes on.

But for years we've been told no caffeine, no fat, no cholesterol. And we sure aren't getting any healthier.

My old Dr., the last time I saw him he asked how much coffee I drank a day. I told him 12 cups. He asked what I put in it, I said COFFEE. he said as long as it was straight coffee and it didn't affect me negatively in any way, drink all I wanted it was good for me.

Maybe things are starting to change a little for the better.
Robert E. Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

QTCut5: Thank you for your kind and generous words. Your wife's success makes my Christmas.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

For anyone suffering from an un-diagnosed or "mysterious" health condition who may be looking for some answers, or who would like to share their own personal health story to help others...here is an interesting site which allows you to tap into an expansive network of health-conscious people (both professional and laymen) who can help identify and/or suggest possible solutions.

https://www.crowdmed.com/

~Q~
~Q~

Return to “Mostly True Stories”