...eatin' cigars....

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

...eatin' cigars....

Post by carrmillus »

....I had a fishing buddy I fished with for 45 years, he died a couple of years ago, I really miss him. he didn't smoke, but I never saw him without a swisher sweet perfecto in his mouth...after I started fishing with him, i realized he was eating them!!!...I couldn't believe it!!!...he would go thru 6 or seven if we fished all day!!..any of you guys ever know anyone who did this????........... ::shrug:: .........
junebug

Re: ...eatin' cigars....

Post by junebug »

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
NOPE
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I've known several fellers that would chew a cigar, never noticed if they were eatin' the thing or not ::shrug:: . One of our maintenance plumbers chewed one all the time back before they cracked down on tobacco in the public schools. Later times, 1st thing he'd do when he got back in the plumbing van was to grab that cigar and go to chewin' on it! We used to kid him and say, "Short Boy, one thing is certain, you'll never have worms." (Feedin' a horse a bag of Beechnut or Redman used to be a remedy for worms.)
Don't mean to run off with the thread carmillus, but this reminds me of another cigar incident. When my dear old daddy was in the hospital about 35 years ago, the attending physican made his rounds in our little country hospital chewin' on a cigar. When he'd get to Pop's room to examine him, he'd simply hand his cigar to the nurse that was accompanying him with the charts. My mother was a retired RN, after 50 years of work, and that really lit her fire :x !
I'll crawl back in my hole now ::facepalm:: .
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

WOW......that's a story!!

I've been known to smoke 6 or 7 in a day though...... ::paranoid::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I know guys who chew cigars. I've never seen them swallow the tobacco, but they do swallow the juice.
One of them, if you ever see him light his cigar you'd better get out of the way, it's about to get ugly.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

When I was in grade school we had a school bus driver who would chew/eat his cigars. He couldn't light them up on the bus so he had to settle on chewing them up. It was always wise to pause for a second or two before getting on the bus as he liked to spit out the door when he opened it. My aunt wasn't amused when he managed to spit some of his cigar juice on my cousin Carol's new coat. Her wrath still wasn't enough to break his cigar habit.

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) That's a Wild Story! ::tu:: When I was younger, I use to Dip but I always tried to never swallow the tobacco. :D
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I had an Uncle Aaron in Brunswick, Georgia, a plumber that owned his own business that kept an unlit cigar in his mouth almost constantly.

He'd chew one down to a nub and get another.

Those were no Swisher Sweets, though, Uncle chewed a big cigar.

Don't recall what he died of, but I'm pretty sure it was not oral cancer.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Mostly True Stories”